GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:34:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Review and Impressions on GES V5  (Read 5130 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Review and Impressions on GES V5
« on: August 13, 2016, 12:48:04 pm »

Having been playing this morning till now i have to say that the new version of Goldeneye Source is utterly amazing
The Pros:

The Gameplay is much more fluid, easier and really polished and feels that it would rival any current generation FPS. i love how you guys implemented new achievements aswell to keep the game fresh and making edits to the old icons and all in all it looks really great

the new gamemodes View to a Kill is easily now one of my favourites next to LTK- it just takes the whole concept of surviving against time and does a unique spin on it, i havent played much of Guntrade but the weekend is still young, 

the sound effects have been beefed up and they look great- firing rockets sound more powerful, the explosions are more nostegaic :) i could imagine Michael bay playing this with an O face. the weapons are so finely detailed- The Grenade Launcher is probarly the most badarse weapon in the game now, The pp7 has been remade and looks amazing, the shotguns are better than ever seriously luchador you have done a mighty fine job

The New Characters are a great addition too :) its good to see Dr.Dean's Creations brought to life, the variations of hats and faces is a real neat touch- good work :) hopefully we will eventually get some more characters made eventually especially Natalia and Xenia :) but yeah again its probarly not the most important thing to worry about

The Soundtrack is really good too- Goldenzen and Tweaklab have done some great work- i really like Goldenzen's Short of Time, Retro versions of Dam and Bunker II which oddly enough for me feel like original tracks that would have been in The Original N64 Version for new levels which yeah is really gosh darn brillaint and Smolesk. Tweeklab has presented us with so many good tracks like Depot, The Goldeneye Intro, a mysterious feeling render of Caverns track and both versions of Dam- the one with him and Shawno Rock really stands out for me as a great track.

The Levels while i havent played nearly all of them (i still need to play Egyptian and Caves) but i have to say that they look polished and really fantastic ill go one by one

Dam- i thought i would never see a release of this map and i have to say i love it, really well done the way that you have taken the challenge of one of the most linear levels in the original n64 orginal leaves me in awe at how you managed to change it yet leave it feeling really faithful to it :)
the only drawback i can think of is that The backzone or actual Dam itself is sadly missing so hopefully there will be an extention in the future or a backzone version as i was really hoping to be able to jump off the Dam.

Aztec- is frankly utterly amazing i was intially worried at first that it wouldnt be a nighttime map like the orginal source map and N64 counterpart but i was blown away at the beauty and design that Luchador put into it, the moonraker shuttle area looks more faithful to the moonraker film than the original N64 version ever did, The outdoor areas are a nice touch, Drax's control room looks so beautiful and colourful im always taken back when entering the room at the attention to detail :) i was kinda hoping there would be more easter eggs though like in the original source map

Runway- loving the atmosphere and it looks great the amount of details Luchador implemented to make it really close to the movie but there are a kinda a few things that i liked about the predessor that sadly have been taken out- the area where you can press the button to open the gates to the plane pen is sadly reduced and idk just lacks intereactivity. i suppose in a way it tightens the gameplay with more outdoor action especially for gamemodes like View to a kill so yeah i guess that is really just my thought- this is a really great map though :)

Depot- is great i cant think of anything wrong with it all, it works really well, its a big map which works great for team based gamemodes and yeah looks really great- very good atmosphere. the new areas look great and really give The Janus base/organisation a real sense of history that hadnt been in the original game or shown much in the movie so yeah another great map

Bunker- was really great looks absoutely polished and really spacious which leads to much better gameplay than the original N64 version and yeah you have done a really fantastic job Luchador :) kinda wish i could go outside the map at the entrance but yeah not a big concern :) so yeah you should really be proud of these awesome maps

i just wanted to thank you guys for all the hardwork you have put into making this terrific Game all of you deserve a standing ovation or a great medal or a slice of really good pizza (or some other reward if you arent fan of pizza) so thank you Team GES for all your hardwork and time that you put into making this beautiful mod :)

11/10

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
Re: Review and Impressions on GES V5
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 03:12:01 pm »

Kept scrolling for "cons:"  Was pleased
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 01:37:46 am »

Kept scrolling for "cons:"  Was pleased

well i was being honest in my review :)

Rick Astley

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 01:41:43 am »

Though i just played agian and i discovered a bug
everytime you aim with your crosshairs and die the crosshairs remain and look slightly melted
but agian thats not really a huge issue

Spekkz

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spekkz has no influence.
    • Game Reviews I've Written
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 05:23:06 am »

I've been using a PS4 controller, I must say this game flows great. The old aiming styles feel super nostalgic and awesome. I may be putting together a review to put on NerdBacon.com

I will admit, I didn't play any of the previous versions. Be as it may I look forward to any further updates!

Goldenzen

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenZen music - Nothing`s impossible
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 05:18:30 pm »

Thank you Rick for this kind review!
"...ни однохо выздоха...гдые вашй.... I`m alone" Россия

опасно - не входитъ - Ыанник

Yellow Cyclone

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Yellow Cyclone has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 08:32:15 pm »

Just registered on the forums to say great job on the mod guys. I played back when it first came out and was surprised to see an update after so long

I didn't want to make a new thread or anything either but if I could make a suggestion for MWGG mode or a subset of it:

Maybe an incentive for having the golden gun? Like 2 pts per kill or you can only score with the golden gun or something? As it stands, it seems like if the weapon set has rockets, RCP, or the AR ppl tend to ignore the golden gun and just try to rack up kills that way and frequently find themselves rewarded for it. Plus it could encourage a loose "truce" among players as they try to swarm the golden gun holder instead of killing people as they try to make their way to the golden gun with no intentions of going after the GG themselves

I understand that it's like the classic setup but maybe a different setting/cvar or option on servers that are bigger than 4/6 players, because unless it's a pistols/smg subset I've noticed a lot of players ignore the GG unless they stumble across it

Cheers

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 08:50:43 pm »

@Yellow Cyclone, I agree with this sentiment now that GG ammo is less accessible then before.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 11:37:56 am »

I don't agree. I like MWGG because it's basically DM with a GG around, you can decide to ignore if you believe you can win with without it, but the GG is basically way better than any other gun if you have the aim. Add the x2 points or getting points only with it, and you'll just get people teaming or the one with the GG getting 200 points.
Pages: [1]   Go Up