GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:51:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 8/10/07  (Read 15616 times)

Xanatos

• Colombian Decaffeinated Coffee Crystals
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Xanatos has no influence.
    • The Janus Syndicate
GES Update 8/10/07
« on: August 10, 2007, 09:22:59 am »

Behold the AR-33 Assault Rifle. It arguably is the best weapon in Goldeneye 64, right up there with the RCP-90. With the AR-33's high rate of fire, extensive zooming capability, and its deadly magazine - who honestly didn't feel like Rambo running and gunning with the largest rifle in the entire game? It also is one of the few weapons with the ability to hit two targets with a single bullet. This was the weapon of choice for countless villains in Goldeneye, and now it can be yours. Stand aside ZMG, cause your big brother is coming to kick your ass in Goldeneye Source. Precisely modeled by Baron and extensively textured by Fourtecks.

AR-33 Model

The AR-33 In Game

And in this weekly update as an extra bonus, yet another amazing prop modeled by Konrad Beerbaum. Two weeks back, the Porter Plane saw the light, and this time it is the Tiger Helicopter from both the movie and game. It was the getaway vehicle for Ourumov and Xenia in the movie and the target of your tracker bug in Goldeneye 64. To further add to the decor of a map that is currently in development by Fonfa and Semedi, here is the Tiger Helicopter.

It is also an appropriate time for the Goldeneye Source team to mention recruitment. We are looking for talented coders and mappers to fill the ranks of the dev team. What is of great importance is the programmer position. Also, we have a couple of slots open to talented mappers. If you are interested in applying, make an extensive post in our JOIN US section of the forums. Please do so by creating a new thread and include plenty of examples of your previous work that you feel best shows your abilities as a mapper. For coders, do the same, but tell us a bit about what you're experienced with, for example, coding in the Source Engine.

Back again to mapping - We have the following Goldeneye 64 levels that are not currently in the works by anyone on the GE:S mapping team for those who may be interested in knowing:

• Basement
  • Frigate
  • Jungle
  • Library
  • Stacks
  • Silo
  • Statue
  • Train

So if you are intrigued at the thought of sourcing up any of these great levels and you are quite the mapper, don't hesitate to mention this in your recruitment post! Of course, there is always the possibility of new and unique maps too, it doesn't have to be boiled down to GE64 levels. And again, if you do post in the recruitment forum, do not forget to have your work posted in the thread, like a portfolio almost.

On the next weekly update, a guy with a limp on his right leg which is there because of everyones favorite secret agent.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:14:22 am by Xanatos »

Grievous

Re: GES Update 8/10/07
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 09:42:17 am »

Awesome!!!!!! :o

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 10:41:47 am »

Hmmm.  I'll think about Basement/Stax.  You mean in Neo format, not Classic, correct?
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Xanatos

• The Janus Syndicate
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 10:47:36 am »

yeah, non-classic, theres a good concept in that one thread for library, stacks, and/or basement if you're interested.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 03:02:45 pm »

Really nice models.  I wonder how the AR 33 sounds... ;)

That model of the Tiger Helicopter is golden :o

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 04:16:37 pm »

Damn Xanatos, that was presented very well.

Spoudazo

• Secret Agent
  • Spoudazo is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 06:50:33 pm »

I never did like the "Statue" map,

Jungle would take some time to make, unless you just used a bunch of static meshes/props from HL2/CS:S, etc.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 07:30:30 pm »

Or we made our own ;)

Well, Konrad more specifically. He's kind of an animal.
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 09:18:29 pm »

Or we made our own ;)

Well, Konrad more specifically. He's kind of an animal.

<3  :-*
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

X23

• Secret Agent
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 11:57:43 pm »

Wow, looks great.

yeah, non-classic, theres a good concept in that one thread for library, stacks, and/or basement if you're interested.

Is this in a public forum? I would like to try to make one and see if it would be good for the mod.

Xanatos

• The Janus Syndicate
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 12:29:41 am »

the library concept was in the GE64 hack thread, here is the link:

I mentioned that because making a sourceified library exactly like how it is in GE64 would be too close to the ges classic version that tecks did, so you might want to totally revamp it like so, who knows, you can get some great ideas from this maybe on how to approach and design it so it feels like an actual building or something. this way you can fill up the rooms, add some new twists, and perhaps make some destructible scenery. but make sure you can still recognize that its the library from goldeneye in a number of ways and not the one in your town, all imo.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 01:53:26 am by Xanatos »

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 04:48:09 am »

Well, if anyone wants to shoot for it, go ahead; if not, I might look into it in a few months.  My weekends are spoken for as it is. >_>
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Dexee

• Agent
  • Dexee is looked down upon.
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 09:28:23 pm »

Good stuff gentlemens... I can't wait for some more content to end up on my desktop :O

Question: Are we still going to have ges_x_classic maps?

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 11:52:09 pm »

Question: Are we still going to have ges_x_classic maps?

There's more of them in development, yes. They're not a main focus, but they're a nice diversion for us to work on when we feel like taking a simple break from the regular maps.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:53:57 pm by Semedi »
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
Pages: [1]   Go Up