GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:25:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye: Source 5.0 Media Day 4 - 5.0 Trailer  (Read 21097 times)

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
GoldenEye: Source 5.0 Media Day 4 - 5.0 Trailer
« on: August 11, 2016, 08:02:19 pm »

Now we’re only 24 hours away from releasing 5.0, and it’s time to show more than still images. Here is our official trailer for the new version of GoldenEye: Source!

Special thanks goes to our Lead Musician GoldenZen for his incredible music track used in the trailer, and also to our Beta Tester Graslu for producing this amazing trailer for us, as well as everybody on the team involved in the making of it.

Dam

Dam is one of the most iconic levels from GoldenEye 007 and has been among our most anticipated maps for years. For 5.0 one of our beta testers, Torn, stepped up and took on bringing it from a pipe dream to a playable and fully arted up multiplayer level, swiftly becoming a part of our development team as a Level Designer.

"Dam has always been one of my favorite levels from GoldenEye 007, and I was excited about the idea of it becoming a playable multiplayer map in GE:S. It was definitely a challenge that I initially underestimated. In the original game the map was very, very linear. Run from point A to point B. Not a lot to work with as far as multiplayer gameplay is concerned. Originally blocked out using the classic layout as a reference, it took far too long to traverse from one end of the map to the other. This design resulted in some rather boring multiplayer matches, with a lot of time spent simply trying to find an opponent.

The layout of the map had to be altered to allow for more interesting and engaging gameplay, while also staying true to the original. One example of how this was achieved was by creating an entirely new sewer system that creates a path between the front and back sides of the map. It was important to give people a choice on where to go, and not force them to go in any one specific direction.

Creating Dam was both a challenging and rewarding experience, and I couldn’t have accomplished it without support of all the talented people on our development team. After almost 2 years in the making, and a few hundred cups of coffee later, I’m proud to say it has made its debut in GoldenEye: Source. I hope everyone enjoys playing it as much as I enjoyed creating it."
 - Torn, Level Designer

New Achievements

In addition to all of 5.0’s other enhancements, we’ve expanded our achievement roster from 80 to 120! If you’ve previously played GE:S, you will have the option of keeping your previously unlocked achievements when you install 5.0.

Here’s a sneak-peek at a handful of the new achievements in store for everyone:

Reimagining Weapons

Whilst most of the weapons in GoldenEye were based on real world counterparts, some of them were a little more ambiguous or generic. These weapons required some re-imagining to fully realize a design faithful to the original game. Two such weapons are the Automatic Shotgun and Sniper Rifle.

In 5.0 the Automatic Shotgun has been reimagined to be a shotgun kitted out with after-market parts to be more like a knock-off imitation of the real life SPAS-12.

Here you can see the finalized model in all its glory:

https://sketchfab.com/models/9c273a5feb45461ca358dfb5421240dd

Attention All Server Owners

If you currently run a 4.2 server, please email us at contact@goldeneyesource.net with the name of the server you run. We want to make sure you have enough time to properly set up your server for the release, and will give you everything you need to get started. We will also answer any questions you may have about what needs to be updated/changed.

-Team GoldenEye: Source
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: GoldenEye: Source 5.0 Media Day 4 - 5.0 Trailer
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 08:07:40 pm »

Holy fucking christ, this trailer!
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 09:57:17 pm »

Yea, what Cy said.  This is the best release trailer I've seen!
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 12:05:52 am »

man 23 hours to go :D cant wait its going to be glorious

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 12:49:01 am »

My panties have never been wetter.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 12:53:10 pm »

My panties have never been wetter.

I had to take mine off and stick them to the wall!

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 05:02:31 pm »

Props to Graslu00 for the amazing trailer! Everything looks awesome!

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 04:31:22 pm »

Thanks! Wouldn't have been possible without the help of everyone on the team.

Goldenzen

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenZen music - Nothing`s impossible
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 04:51:29 pm »

That trailer is truly some amazing work @graslu - my biggest compliments! And it's headed toward 1 Million views!!!
"...ни однохо выздоха...гдые вашй.... I`m alone" Россия

опасно - не входитъ - Ыанник

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 05:41:09 pm »

Thanks GoldenZen! Can't wait until it reaches 1 million views either! Awesome work to you too with the OST used for it.

Goldenzen

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenZen music - Nothing`s impossible
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 06:45:16 pm »

Here's to that!
"...ни однохо выздоха...гдые вашй.... I`m alone" Россия

опасно - не входитъ - Ыанник
Pages: [1]   Go Up