GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:17:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Application - Character Animator  (Read 13690 times)

GioGio

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • GioGio is working their way up.GioGio is working their way up.GioGio is working their way up.
Application - Character Animator
« on: July 21, 2016, 09:14:37 am »

Hey Guys, I'm Giovanni, 29 yrs old guy from Italy. I've always dreamt to be part of a hl2 mod, and  goldeney source would be more than a dream. I've loved the n64 version of the game, I spent so many hours in front that little split screen screaming with friends. :) The source version is actually a really enjoyable game, fun ,fast and with a very good looking visual style. I'm posting a link to my demo reel and cross my fingers ;) CiaoCiao

Thanks!

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Application - Character Animator
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 01:20:25 pm »

Nice Work :)

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 03:08:41 pm »

Hi GioGio!

You were speaking with me on FB.

I guess the first question now is do you have any experience with Source?
Other than that what programs are you using?

Beyond that I will get one of our modelers to speak with you as they will have better specific questions.
Don't be concerned if it takes time to get a response from us, we are all in different time-zones.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 03:30:37 pm »

Hi GioGio,

I'm one of the artists on the mod that works with the animation system.

From your reel I see huge potential! I can tell from it that you have the majority of technical experience we would be looking for in a character animator. If you have experience with Source that would be great but if not it isn't too hard to learn for someone already with animation skills.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

GioGio

• Agent
  • GioGio is working their way up.GioGio is working their way up.GioGio is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 03:43:09 pm »

Thanks Rick :) Hey there Enzo and Mangley!  No problem for the answer, I understand. I have no prior experience with source engine, just made some little maps with the hl1 engine some years ago. Other than that, I use Maya for the animations, along with some basic stuff with photoshop..but as Mangley said, if you can address me to some tutorials or something source/animation related, I would study it   8) 

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 08:55:08 pm »

Hi GioGio,

Sorry for the delay on this, we were very preoccupied preparations before and fallout after release but now things are settled we're now ready to start your trial process.

You now have access to the Trial Members ssection of the forums, please start a thread on that board to confirm you're ready to start your trial and you'll be given a briefing and outline of what we'd like to see and cover how the trial process is going to work.

Thanks!
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 08:56:55 pm »

Best of luck on your trial, GioGio! :)
Official releases: Depot, Archives Classic, Library Classic

Third-party releases: Deus Ex-inspired Chateau DuClare

GioGio

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 12:25:28 am »

Thanks Adrian :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up