GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:13:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Recruitment Video Idea  (Read 7040 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
GES Recruitment Video Idea
« on: July 18, 2015, 12:23:55 am »

i have been thinking lately of how we could bring more people to Goldeneye Source
and that idea was a recruitment video

a video which showcases all the incredible work the Goldeneye Source team and how the viewer can join and create new content
like maps, track music and characters,models,etc

i was thinking of having a go at making such a trailer but i need suggestions on what images, music and gameplay footage i should use for the trailer?
(i also want to try out Wondershare's Filmora and was wondering if it would do a good job making the trailer)

what do you guys think?

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
Re: GES Recruitment Video Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 12:50:25 am »

I love the idea, I would help but I am not that experience with modeling and texturing high-quality models and stuff, however that'll hopefully change over the next two semesters as I'm going to be taking video game related classes for college. I'll hopefully be able to start contributing to this fantastic mod instead of just playing it. lol
As for what images and songs to use, maybe show some pictures of Luchador's new weapon models to show how the weapons are being updated again and point out that he's one of the newer members, same with maybe a sample or two of tweaklab? Hopefully showing off some of the new and awesome things from the newer team members will motivate some more people to join. :)
Maybe show some gameplay comparative footage between some of the old betas to the current game to show how far this mod has come and that it's gotten this far from just GE fans joining and helping to make the mod better?
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 01:26:51 am »

When we get close to the next release we will have lots to show off. v3.98h will bring in lots of new players!
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 03:15:07 am »

Your best bet in making a trailer would be to wait for a new release, or hear of news of a release because if you do a trailer now, you would be showcasing the stuff most trailers that have been made have showcased before. It would attract attention, yes, but only for a short amount of time.

The best way in my opinion of creating a video that would attract a large amount of people would be to 1) do it before a release 2) market it. (meaning pretty much like a sales pitch... make it sound/look like the best thing ever) If you make a YouTube video trailer that incorporates both the showcasing of new features to GE:S with a way of catching the viewer's eye will be the golden hit for recruitment in our community.

Just food for thought! :)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 09:44:49 am »

Any word on Bots for the next release? I've had so many issue's with them getting stuck during the creation of this Map Pack, especially on Frigate, was actually thinking of scrapping Frigate for that reason. Anyway, I decided to wait for the next release for the Map Pack and instead focus on some new loading screens for all official maps, do you have a rough idea when the new release is likely?

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 12:57:36 pm »

When we get close to the next release we will have lots to show off. v3.98h will bring in lots of new players!

ah okay ill postpone the video

hope that we get some more updates for the next release even if its a couple of screenshots

Rick Astley

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 02:52:28 pm »

Slight update:
i have purchased Filmora and its highly reccomended so yeah might be able to make a good trailer

plus i found a fantastic track to use (just need to ask the person who made it for permission to use it)
Pages: [1]   Go Up