GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:35:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello and ...  (Read 6649 times)

Sysmatic

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sysmatic has no influence.
Hello and ...
« on: June 25, 2015, 08:17:55 pm »

... THX guys for keeping this awesome shit alive!
I've played Goldeneye since it has been released for the N64...i was about 9 or 10 yrs old.
Today i found this "HL2-Mod" (?) by luck and im not happy...no...it's just more...it's kickin' my ass!!!
Don't have any more words for this....

But there is some bad stuff in it:
- no SP-Campaign (i know u guys are fucked up to hear this but...yeah it sux!)
- the Net Code sux too...sometimes guys are jumping around like crazy fools, hard to hit
- im not sure but i think there is a problem with collision (rocket launcher -> human target)
- that radar is a fcking NO-GO ... pls remove  :P
- respawning objects like barrels....nononono pls NO
- Teamplay with TS: NO WAY to hear ur own members as usually...how to handle with that crap?

Bad stuff in this post:
- im from germany, my english sux....sorry for that  ;D

I'm tryin' to get my friends playing GES with me, thats actually what i can do.
If i can help more...just tell me how.

Thx for reading and regards
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:22:12 pm by Sysmatic »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Hello and ...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 09:49:04 pm »

Hello Sysmatic,

we're glad that you like our game and appreciate your input.

Some of the things you mention are already on our to-do-list.
Others like the net code we hugely depend on what Valve allows modders to change.

Radar and many other features depend on the server settings and game modes.
Some servers have it turned off in general, for specific game modes like LtK or
even let you vote for these settings to be on or off.

Our philosophy for these Features is to allow the community to have as much control
over the settings as possible.

In general there is a huge involvement of the community in everything,
ranging from custom game modes to third party maps and other content.

As for Singleplayer, you're not the first nor the only one asking about this.

At the moment our focus is to finish the multiplayer portion of the game and make
it as good and enjoyable as possible.

After this goal is achieved, who knows what the team might be up to next.

Sysmatic

• Agent
  • Sysmatic has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 11:03:51 pm »

Ok..thanks for this enhanced reply  :o
I'm sure u guys will do ur best.
I'm not a programmer, mapper, freakin' rich or something else...
But let me know how i can support the GES-project.  :angel:
Regards

BTW: this captcha-crap is like pain in the ass  >:(

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 11:18:22 am »

The captach-crap will go away after a few posts. (5 I'd say)

As for how to support GES:

just play the game and maybe be active on the forums as well.
Activity will draw in more activity - that simple.

Wanna Proof? When the servers are empty, just join a server and wait for a while (10-15 minutes max.).
Other people will join you allmost everytime you try that and you can get a nice little game.

It's as if everyone is sitting there, hitting the refresh button on the server browser over and over again
till there's someone in a server they can join.

If you meet me in-game, you can also talk to me in German, i will understand.
I just keep it English here, so the other people can understand it, too.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 04:46:28 pm »

Yeah... Who's idea was it to put jump in Goldeneye Source, absolutely drives me insane when everyone's leaping around like Skippy the Kangaroo  >:(

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 04:07:30 am »

Yeah... Who's idea was it to put jump in Goldeneye Source, absolutely drives me insane when everyone's leaping around like Skippy the Kangaroo  >:(

I don't seem to mind jumping ...it's more awesome on low gravity games

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 07:39:23 am »

Well i played this game for many years and i have to say "jumping" has no place in this game nore was it even in the original game. Needs to be removed. The only reason jumping is in this game is to get into areas you aren't supposed to be in. God am i sick of the bunny hop shenagians.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 08:24:21 am »

I will agree bunny hopping has turned GE:S into a kiddie like COD game. Might have to discuss measures to remove or reduce it.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 01:44:34 pm »

You can't bhop in GE:S, nor in COD. And there's already a jump delay to the point where it's annoying.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 02:07:07 pm »

The main problem is the crouch-jump exploit, which we're in the process of addressing. We're also experimenting with other solutions to jumping, discouraging it and punishing people for trying to use it to avoid damage or gain speed whilst making the jump cooldown less inhibitive so you can more freely traverse the map like in other fps games.

Jump is ultimately necessary in GE:S. It accounts for the missing dodge-strafe moves you could do in the original. Once the exploit is removed and jumping balanced it will be something like a timed move you can do to incur torso damage instead of head damage, and not shoot you 12ft into the air avoiding all damage.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up