GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 12:26:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize bots  (Read 8051 times)

mr9v9

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mr9v9 has no influence.
Customize bots
« on: February 09, 2015, 02:38:03 am »

I see some configuration files for AI in the scripts folder, so my questions are:

1. Is there a way to actually have the bots talk? "I got you!"

2. Can we change each bots' personality, strength, difficulty ect?

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: Customize bots
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:40:42 am »

1. No

2. No, define "strength," ge_bot_difficulty (0 - 9).

It's discouraged to use bots on a public server due to a bug where they eventually fill all player slots regardless the number of bots actually playing.

mr9v9

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mr9v9 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 11:53:35 pm »

1. No

2. No, define "strength," ge_bot_difficulty (0 - 9).

It's discouraged to use bots on a public server due to a bug where they eventually fill all player slots regardless the number of bots actually playing.
I thought the threshold and open slots to leave for open players worked?
I think you misunderstood what i was asking about bot difficulty, I wanted to set each bot to have it's own personality/difficulty. I guess it does not matter because there is only one way to do something everywhere I look, and even then it's discouraged.

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 03:14:33 pm »

I'm not sure if it's in another post but awhile ago someone gave me the code to make the bots only attack me.  1 vs 16 is pretty fun so maybe someone will post the code here.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 07:50:58 pm »

I thought the threshold and open slots to leave for open players worked?
I think you misunderstood what i was asking about bot difficulty, I wanted to set each bot to have it's own personality/difficulty. I guess it does not matter because there is only one way to do something everywhere I look, and even then it's discouraged.

No, you can't give any personality, just difficulty by using the command he gave you. And no, the threshold and open slots just works the first few times, after that the server will be full of bots and won't let anyone join.

TZKK²

• Retired Developer
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • TZKK² is a force to reckon with.TZKK² is a force to reckon with.TZKK² is a force to reckon with.TZKK² is a force to reckon with.TZKK² is a force to reckon with.TZKK² is a force to reckon with.TZKK² is a force to reckon with.TZKK² is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 05:31:00 pm »

I'm not sure if it's in another post but awhile ago someone gave me the code to make the bots only attack me.  1 vs 16 is pretty fun so maybe someone will post the code here.

Here it is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up