GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 02:32:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moonraker VS Silver PPK  (Read 6016 times)

T900Kassem

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • T900Kassem has no influence.
Moonraker VS Silver PPK
« on: October 07, 2014, 02:39:36 pm »

So, I read in the wiki that the Moonraker is the same as the Silver PPK, but you don't have to reload it. I don't think this is true. Besides the obvious rate of fire, the actual projectile seems to move slower. Am I just hallucinating, or am I super ultra observant?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Moonraker VS Silver PPK
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 03:11:42 pm »

Both weapons are hitscan (instant hit, 0 travel time for the 'projectile'). The visible tracer effects are not hitscan, they just follow the vector from the gun to where the projectile hit, they aren't representative of the projectile itself.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 04:00:47 am »

This is something we need to clean up or add a hint. Tracers mean nothing but only to guide un aimed shots. All shots are instant and take zero lead. Sometimes with high latency you can figure out the lag and lead.

A idea for the Moonraker was thrown around that it would have ammo, which would be batteries, but will see what ultimate choice is over time.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 02:30:18 am »

A idea for the Moonraker was thrown around that it would have ammo, which would be batteries, but will see what ultimate choice is over time.
Well that explains the battery icon appearing when grabbing a Moonraker Lazer.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

T900Kassem

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • T900Kassem has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 11:50:50 pm »

Well, maybe there can be a charge time for the battery ammo thing, if you can do that with Source. I do seem to be missing strafing enemies more with the Moonraker than the PPK, though.  :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up