GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:15:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Application: Level Designer  (Read 16862 times)

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
Application: Level Designer
« on: July 28, 2014, 04:21:15 pm »

Hello! I have been around here on the forums for only a few months, but I've been playing the game since the beta 1 days in 2007, and much more frequently since early 2011. I am interested in joining your ranks as a level designer.
I always held GE:S maps as the standard of how good maps in the Source engine can truly be. They are definitely one of the best collections of maps I've ever seen, and I've always strived to reach that level of perfection.

I have been toying around with Hammer since 2008, but didn't make any serious attempts at releasing a worthwhile product until my recent project, the DuClare Chateau re-creation. The goal was to re-imagine the DuClare Chateau from Deus Ex using the Source Engine.
Below are screenshots from the map. I can easily say this is my crowning achievement in designing levels, and I am extremely proud with how it came out. I am responsible for the mapping and a handful of textures.

Skills and experience:

• Six years of experience with the Hammer editor
  • Ability to create fully immersive environments
  • Ability to create maps and tweak layouts to suit multiplayer flow and balance
  • Ability to re-design existing levels for multiplayer gameplay
  • Ability to create complex and visually interesting brushwork
  • Comprehensive understanding of level optimization
  • Ability to import custom assets for a map
  • Ability to finish a project I start
  • Ability to build off of criticism and take it to part, not to heart

Additionally, I have an understanding of how to create high-res textures for my maps. I have only a few months of experience, but I learned so much in a short time.

Here is a gallery of the textures I made for the chateau.

Skills with texture creation:

• Ability to create diffuse textures
  • Ability to create normal maps
  • Ability to create specular maps

I am eager to offer these skills and develop them further, and in the process contribute quality content to the mod. Both the mod and its community have given me so much; I would love to help out in any capacity I can.

Email: jordan.jman26@gmail.com
Official releases: Depot, Archives Classic, Library Classic

Third-party releases: Deus Ex-inspired Chateau DuClare

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: Application: Level Designer
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:27:42 pm »

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 04:31:36 pm »

Thanks for your application. We'll get back to you soon.

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 09:13:04 pm »

Hi Adrian,

We're happy to announce that we have accepted your application and will be bringing you on as a trial member. We have a task in mind for you, and if you complete it successfully, you will become a full member of the team. I'll work on bumping you up to trial member on the forums. Once that's done, you'll have access to the Trial Members forum. Please post a thread in that forum and we'll give you further instructions.

Congratulations and good luck!

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 09:19:32 pm »

This is incredible, thank you so much!!

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 12:26:03 am »

Total support! Make us proud! :)

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 03:23:22 pm »

I support this 100%!! Best of luck to you Adrian, enjoy that Trial! :)

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 07:43:14 pm »

"Ability to finish a project I start"
Now this is an ability a lot of us game hackers/modders need. xD
Can't wait to see what other amazing maps you make. :D
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 12:55:37 pm »

I've played your map and it was really well done

i look forward to seeing some of your contributions to the mod :)

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
    • Steam profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 05:47:48 pm »

Thanks for the support everyone!

Pages: [1]   Go Up