GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:14:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: DuClare Chateau Remake (from Deus Ex)  (Read 29736 times)

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
Re: DuClare Chateau Remake (from Deus Ex)
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2014, 02:28:47 am »

Thanks for the kind words, man!

=== Alpha 14! ===

It's been just under two weeks since the last update, but this is still alive and well :) A week ago, I sketched what I hoped would develop into a skybox.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Skybox outline

For the most part, it came out alright. Be aware, however, that I'm still experimenting with different techniques to hide where the skybox geometry ends, so it's still early WIP. I've also spent some time doing a few detail sweeps and adding placeholders/props to give it a little more life. I'll let the pictures do the talking :)

From front entrance, looking out

Skybox, north view

Back of the house, lake on left

Front yard and view of southern skybox

Kitchen

Dining room

Living room

Computer room

Nicolette's bedroom

Balcony/outside Beth's bedroom

Beth's bedroom

Cubicles

Supercomputer room 1

Supercomputer room 2

Facade with lake in back (It's a special shot, so ignore the nodraw on the front gate and fences ;) )

That's all for now! I'm not going to make any promises when I'll be out of alpha or when the whole thing will be finished, because I'll end up breaking it no matter what. It's a lot easier to take a "it's done when it's done" approach :) Playtesting has been a >HUGE< part of the development, and I'll give credit to all my playtesters when this is done ;)

Here's the download to alpha 14:
https://www.mediafire.com/?6ugqb96guukarno

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:33:54 am by Adrian »
Official releases: Depot, Archives Classic, Library Classic

Third-party releases: Deus Ex-inspired Chateau DuClare

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2014, 09:22:15 am »

looks really impressive

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2014, 10:20:47 pm »

Well, it's been exactly two months since my last post. Rest assured, this project is alive and well :) I apologize for the lack of posting here, but I've been working on texturing the whole map when I'm not at my job. I'd like to say a trillion words of thanks to mangley for teaching my Photoshop and helping me develop those skills :D

With all that aside, I'll let the pictures do the talking. Bear in mind, the lighting is my next focus; it's very unbalanced in some areas as of now, since I'm just using a boat load of dull blue-ish lights so the map isn't fullbright.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Exterior

First floor

Dumb waiter

Second floor

Stairway

Basement and hatches

Cannon defense in backyard

New and improved mountains in skybox (many thanks to CCsaint for helping me with this!)

Last, but certainly not least, our facade

It's been a busy two months ;) We are in the home stretch, now. As I mentioned, I just have to establish my lighting, furnish the map and add models (anything still dev-textured is a placeholder for models from E-S), and create soundscapes. I won't give a release date, because I know I won't meet it. This is roughly 85% done, and the last 15% should be quick. I just want this to be the absolute best I can make it before shipping, and with everyone's help that vision I had in March is becoming a reality.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:22:02 pm by Adrian »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 11:02:58 pm »

I'm speechless. I sure missed a lot while I was away. This is amazing.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 11:57:36 pm »

^ indeed. The chateau looks great, Adrian!

(though, imo the texture choice for the concrete in the hedge maze could be better... looks too clean)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2014, 11:24:21 pm »

Looks 1000x times better than when I last saw it man. Congratulations! Also, the mountains look great and even better than last time. Great job fixing them up! Can't wait for this map.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2014, 03:08:48 am »

There is a problem with your toggle switches for secret ladder well.  The switches are not in sync with each other.  This makes is very confusing to determine which action does what.

Ex. If you start out on the ground floor, toggle the skull to the right, it opens the passage, you climb up the ladder, and the books are not out.  If you pull the books out, the passage closes.  If you start out on the second floor, pull the books out, it opens the passage, you climb down the ladder, and the skull is not to the right.  If you toggle the skull, it goes to the right and closes the passage.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Zesty Mayo

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Zesty Mayo might someday be someone...Zesty Mayo might someday be someone...Zesty Mayo might someday be someone...Zesty Mayo might someday be someone...
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2014, 12:28:48 am »

Looks fucking yummy Adrian.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:02:49 am by killermonkey »

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
    • Steam profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2014, 10:21:33 pm »

After a very productive week, I have more progress to share! Thanks everyone for the feedback, and many thanks to Troy for hosting a very successful event on his server, last Saturday, for the map. It was the first public playtest, and I received some excellent advice. Ever since, I've been further optimizing and detailing the map, getting it closer and closer to a finished product. As always, I will let the pictures do the talking ;)

Outside

First floor

Stairway

Second floor

Basement

Apologies for such a long post, but there was plenty to show for this update. As of now, the to-do list is as follows:
 - create soundscapes
 - create credits texture
 - do a final detail sweep with props from E-S (mostly in wine cellar and skybox)
 - create a custom loading screen

If I had to ballpark the completion of the map, I would say it's somewhere around 95%.

I'm truly amazed by your guys' feedback and always appreciate it. I'm lucky to have such support for this project, and it's been a pleasure to work on it! I will keep you guys posted for the next playtest we have. After that, I will iron out any last-minute issues before release. I can safely say this will be released before August ;)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2014, 03:33:05 am »

It's a thing of beauty... Sniff!

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2014, 03:51:39 am »

It's almost done. :D

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2014, 11:41:31 am »

Looks beautiful Man :)

though i dont know if its possible but perhaps a new skybox would really enhance the map
just as a suggestion

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2014, 02:48:54 pm »

Wow that's the best looking map I've seen in a long time!

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2014, 03:20:05 am »

Lets get this map out to the public!

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
    • Steam profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 06:40:01 am »

Well, I can safely say the map is officially done. I'm not quite ready to release, but I'm looking at the end of the week for that ;)

To wet everyone's appetites, and to hold you guys over until then, I made this:

As a disclaimer, I need to say I am not video-editing savvy, nor am I experienced with doing this kind of thing. I tried using Source's demo smoother to get a better looking flyby, but I was running into multiple errors, including the demo removing random windows and doors at will. I think the noclip flyby worked well enough for now.

Enjoy!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up