GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 05:30:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What if we released this game on steam for free  (Read 7434 times)

doctor medic

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • doctor medic has no influence.
What if we released this game on steam for free
« on: September 03, 2014, 04:48:28 pm »

It would increase the popularity of our game and it would maybe even effect our production.
But then again we would need the creators to actualy aprove of this decision which at our current position i dont think its that possible.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: What if we released this game on steam for free
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 05:08:44 pm »

the
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 03:23:26 am »

1st Post - our game, our production, our current possition... did i miss something?

First of all, welcome to the GES community.

This topic has been brought up several times befor, but the answer is still the same:
we cannot do anything like Greenlight or beeing officially promoted by any company like steam.
Even Desura turned us down (i guess) because they were affraid of getting sued.

What you and everyone else can do to boost popularity of the mod is actually playing it and using social media to spread the word of it. (starting with posting screenshots of the game on steam, maybe record a vid for youtube, FB etc.)

doctor medic

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • doctor medic has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 08:39:56 am »

1st Post - our game, our production, our current possition... did i miss something?

First of all, welcome to the GES community.

This topic has been brought up several times befor, but the answer is still the same:
we cannot do anything like Greenlight or beeing officially promoted by any company like steam.
Even Desura turned us down (i guess) because they were affraid of getting sued.

What you and everyone else can do to boost popularity of the mod is actually playing it and using social media to spread the word of it. (starting with posting screenshots of the game on steam, maybe record a vid for youtube, FB etc.)

Ok Kraid.thanks for the advice  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up