GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 09:25:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye: Source v4.2 SDK 2013 Preview Trailer  (Read 8094 times)

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
GoldenEye: Source v4.2 SDK 2013 Preview Trailer
« on: March 11, 2014, 05:08:46 am »

Back at it again on making a trailer for GE:S, this time with the theme of trying to bring a spark to the player base as well as a preview stating that the SDK 2013 Conversion is almost complete. Enjoy this video! As always, feedback please!

http://www.youtube.com/v/ko_qCkh25cE&feature=youtu.be

Also I would like to thank the following people for their aid in this video:

Jonathon [SSL] - Sound Recording Director
Matt of Rumble Pak - Voice Over
Basstronix - Music Designer
Graslu - Photoshop Workings of the ESRB Rating
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 06:02:14 pm by TriDefiance »

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: GoldenEye: Source v4.2 SDK 2013 Preview Trailer
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 06:15:22 am »

Probably shouldn't feature content that isn't included with a base GE:S install.

DrDean

• Model Man
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 01:26:56 pm »

I think it should be edited a little tighter, less time between one voice over and the next. Certainly don't have to take the time to click on each character profile image. :P Other than that, the content seems fine.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 01:09:20 am »

i am totally digging that awesome track playing in the trailer :)

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 01:23:35 am »

You can thank Basstronix for that track! :D

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 01:28:56 am »

Thanks Basstronix :D

Rick Astley

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 01:29:09 am »

and the trailer is really good aswell :)

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 01:38:23 am »

and the trailer is really good aswell :)

Thank you! I'm glad to see the trailer is getting attention!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:32:28 am by TriDefiance »

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 05:22:55 am »

The trailer is nice, but perhaps change the title to include something along the lines of "Fan Made Trailer"?  Looking at the comments, I think people believe that this is a trailer released by the team, and that a new version is only a few days away.  We don't want them telling all their friends to get ready for the new version of GE:S this weekend, only to have that release come much later than that.  It would really undermine the hype for the new version when we release the actual trailer for it!

Also this trailer includes a lot of custom content, which is cool, but as Soupcan pointed out it doesn't really represent the stock game.  It feels to me more of a trailer for the community maps than the game itself, since the video features more of them than any stock content.  As a 3rd party map maker myself, I think this is awesome, but I have to come to terms with the fact that ge_void probably doesn't represent the base game all that well.

Change the title to reflect these things, and I think it's altogether an awesome effort on the part of everyone involved!  There's room for improvement, but for what it is I'd say it's overall pretty decent.  A nice throwback to the game commercials of the 90's.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 11:15:20 pm »

Thank you for your feedback and support for this video, I've made adjustments to the video to better clarify how it's represented such as:

• Changed the title by adding (Fan-Made) to it.
• Writing in the description that some maps have to be downloaded by joining certain servers in the game.)
• Also wrote a clarification in the description about what's going on with-in the game.

OmnicientWolf

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • OmnicientWolf has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 05:50:22 pm »

Hello GE: Source community!  :)

I was one of the individuals that commented on the YouTube video (Nicholas Stratigopoulos).  The preview trailer definitely got me excited, so here are my thoughts:

1) I agree with everyone here about the maps displayed in the video.  It would have been great to stick to the "stock" maps that are included within GE: Source, but it's a good move to include this information in the description of the video.  I think a nice touch would have been showing off all the "classic" maps that we all remember while introducing the "modern" version of these maps as well.
2) Jumping during gameplay.  I knew someone would bring up how it's not "true" to the original.  Personally, I have no problem with the jumping mechanism, and we all know that it could be disabled if desired, but perhaps showing gameplay footage without jumping would have been "better".  Regardless, I enjoyed the footage, jumping or not, I just knew that someone would question it.
3) I really got excited about the SDK 2013 release.  Too excited, perhaps.  I've been playing GE: Source on my Mac through CrossOver, which isn't perfect.  I've had to settle with frequent freezing and routine crashes on the lowest of video settings.  The preview trailer made it seem like the SDK 2013 version of GE: Source is on the verge of release, maybe within a month or two at the most.  After all, it was a "full length" preview, which is more than just a teaser, making me believe that the final product is close to being done.  Am I wrong? ;)

Nevertheless, it's an awesome video that really got me excited about GE: Source, but especially the SDK 2013 release of it.  The only worry there now is that, if it takes longer than that month or two estimation that I got from the video, excitement will wind down, which may be the case for some who have watched the video.  Of course, I'll keep on gaming on despite the freezes and crashes until then. 

Well done!  :D

P.S. First post, woohoo!

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 01:48:16 am »

It's funny, when I play on a server with jumping turned off, I realize how often I jump when playing this. I like doing crouch jumping to use shortcuts, I jump a lot when shooting at someone who is good to try and make it a little harder for them to kill me, and so on. xD
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 02:44:18 am »

That's what I do, I primarily use it to get to places quicker!
Pages: [1]   Go Up