GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 07:32:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Gamemode idea  (Read 7699 times)

terps4life90

New Gamemode idea
« on: January 30, 2014, 04:17:23 am »

I have been thinking of a new game mode idea and i think I have something good :D. This mode will be (team only), plus it would not work in a free for all. Anyways, basically both teams have equipment or computers that the other team has to destroy. The more people in the server the more computers there will be. You also will have to destroy several computers if there are more then 2 computers per team. the computer can take a bunch of damage so the rounds wont end fast. There are two ways for a computer to be destroyed. One way is if you plant ten mines (any mine will work) on the computer and blow it up or if you shoot at it. The Golden gun will not be a weapon available due to its damage it deals. Now here is where the fun happens.... The computer can be both stationary or movable by a teammate. A teammate can pick up the computer and (Save it) hold it for a total of 15 seconds but once it is drop that team will have to wait 30 seconds before picking it up again. Also when it is dropped it will respawn in the location it was picked up at. each team will have a few locations for where the computer will be. There will be one gun in each weaponset that will be consider ed as the elimination gun. The elimination gun will be chosen at random. If you get killed by the elimination gun twice you are eliminated. Everyone will start with full health and armor. Another twist is that everyone will start with a random gun that is in the weapon set and no one will start with the elimination gun. This is just a rough idea. Let me know what you think :D! Not sure what I should call the mode....maybe (HACKED)?!?!?

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
Re: New Gamemode idea
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:00:54 am »

I like this idea, adds a new style of pick up and play. Might be something to implement for fun! Hopefully a coder is able to do this.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 236
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 05:07:48 am »

I like this. :)

terps4life90

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 01:05:12 am »

If anyone has any ideas for this mode please let me know, i will of course give credit to where it is do :3

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 01:48:54 am »

Too complicated:

What does an elimination gun have to do with the breaking of the computer? Why elimination at all?

What if the elimination gun is the Klobb or similar weapon where there could be more than one in a set?

You cannot block a weapon from appearing in a weapon set (ie Golden Gun)

If I kill the person holding the computer thing while its being moved does the computer get destroyed instantly?

terps4life90

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 02:49:08 am »

Too complicated:

What does an elimination gun have to do with the breaking of the computer? Why elimination at all?

What if the elimination gun is the Klobb or similar weapon where there could be more than one in a set?

You cannot block a weapon from appearing in a weapon set (ie Golden Gun)

If I kill the person holding the computer thing while its being moved does the computer get destroyed instantly?

1. I choose that elmination idea becuase i though it would make players play harder and it gives the mode a bit of aderaline rush in a way.

2. maybe the elimination gun could be the weakest gun in the weapon set.

3. Is it possible to change the damage ratio of a weapon based on the gamemode?

4. If you kill the player with the computer the player drops it and it will respawn back to the location of where it was first picked up.

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 05:09:17 am »

Even though this idea does sound complicated, and I don't know how complicated it would be by coding it, it does seem like a cool idea to implement. Gives players another gamemode to select.

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 06:07:19 am »

Even though this idea does sound complicated, and I don't know how complicated it would be by coding it, it does seem like a cool idea to implement. Gives players another gamemode to select.
We have to give them a reason to select it, and this one is a little shaky in its current iteration.

terps4life90

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 06:46:06 am »

We have to give them a reason to select it, and this one is a little shaky in its current iteration.

It's better then some of the modes we have.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 04:28:57 pm »

I like the idea, it sounds fun and it does add a new style of playing.
Obviously it needs some tweaking, but the concept itself I think is pretty solid.
Coding is the real problem, which I don't know much about.
@killermonkey Are you sure you can't block a weapon from a weaponset? In MWGG and L&LD the Golden Gun overrules the highest weapon in the list regardless of what gun it is, which I know is something you guys are planning on changing, but is there not a way to recreate that effect? I mean in Bypass the invulability is disabled while it is always on in every other mod, so can you do the same with a gun, or maybe make it so any GG in a weaponset is replaced with another gun automatically in just this mod?
We can all agree that the GG would be pretty OP when the main objective is to destroy a computer, but then again, other guns are one-hit kills to objects too like the Grenade and Rocket Launchers.
How about this, make the computer harder to destroy than normally, like make it so it takes three shots with a GG, RL, GL and any gun similar, and it'll take even longer than normal with other guns and just not put tons of computers in the round unless there is a crap ton of people in the match.
I agree with elimination to add to the aderaline of the player.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up