GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:07:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye: Source v4.2.3 Release and Downloads  (Read 51129 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
GoldenEye: Source v4.2.3 Release and Downloads
« on: June 29, 2013, 12:43:27 pm »

Loyal fans and friends,

It has been more than 7 years since the Alpha 1 build was released to the public. We have had millions of downloads since then, and we’re humbled and honored each and every time a player tells us that we've delivered that nostalgic GoldenEye 64 feeling. Even as the original GE007 audience grows up and new gaming audiences emerge, GoldenEye: Source remains relevant to the gaming world. Since the main demographic for our game, those original GE007 players, are now in their mid 20’s and early 30’s - we have an older, but very unique market. Yet, we are still here. We are still working away, building a game worthy of the name ‘GoldenEye’, but why? For many, this was our first game, our first multiplayer experience. GE007 was the first time you could sit down for hours with your friends and yell at the TV and each other and couldn't wait to do it all over again the next day. GoldenEye Source was our attempt at bringing that experience the PC, for both newcomers and 00 veterans alike.  As long as we can continue to offer a sliver of that same feeling today, we’ll keep working hard to deliver on our original goal. Thanks for your years of dedication and support, and now onto the main subject!

GoldenEye: Source v.4.2.3 is a ‘maintenance’ patch, you could say. Community honed to deliver a great long term service version while we work alongside on our next large release (v4.3). Both have been in development this past year. With long term projects pushed to v4.3 and gameplay enhancing changes pathed to v4.2.3. We are here to announce the download and official change log for v4.2.3.

• Long term fan and contributor Troy's popular Arsenal and Tournament-Deathmatch gamemodes have been added officially.

• You can now change the difficulty of bots directly from the create server menu. Additionally added to the new menu is the ever requested 'Turbo Mode' option. No need for custom gamemodes to have the lightning fast gameplay in any of your favorite gamemodes, all now supported natively.

• Added sniper rifle zoom in/out with the mouse wheel

• Invulnerability system tweaked to offer a more balanced experience

• Spawning system vastly improved to prevent players from spawning in the middle of firefights.

• Plethora of code enhancements for gamemode creators(See Full Changelog below). Additionally, our python code is now Opensource. So gameplay creators and Ai tweakers can get the latest code as we are working on it. Find this here.

[Scenarios]
* CTK: World kills now count as suicides
* YOLT: Enhanced foes indicator and general rewrite for efficiency
* Added Arsenal and Tournament DM from Troy

[HUD/VGUI]
* Team Round Report scores are more readable
* Round Report title is localizable (and changes between round and match)
* Fixed round report showing incorrect information when switching game modes mid-match
* Fixed justification in HUD Messages from Python
* Added color hinting to HUD Messages
* Bot difficulty and turbo mode were added to the create server menu

[Weapons]
* Fixed Ammo/Armor/Weapons respawning instantly with > 24 players
* Added sniper rifle zoom in/out with the mouse wheel

[Gameplay / Misc]
* Added glow to capture areas
* Added Enable/Disable inputs for item_armorvest
* Toned down the screen flash after receiving damage
* Fixed overlapping capture areas in smaller maps
* Added ge_endround_keepweapons command to keep the current weapon set across round transitions
* npc_mine is now separated into three different entities: npc_mine_remote, npc_mine_proximity, npc_mine_timed
* Added a convar to disable the open slot left when filling a server with bots
* Advanced music selection based on map defined areas
* Fixed loadout manager not selecting gameplay loadouts properly
* Invulnerability system tweaked to offer a more balanced experience
* Spawning system vastly improved to prevent players from spawning in the middle of firefights
* SSL tuned up the intro video, with 720p to 1080p and switched video internals from PAL to NTSC

[Python API]
* Consolidated GEUtil.PlaySound functions
* GEUtil.PlaySoundFrom now localizes the sound to the immediate area
* Added GEPlayer.GetSteamID() to python API
* Added GEUtil.StopSound function
* Added several temporary entities to GEUtil.SpawnTempEnt
* Added several new temporary entities to GEUtil.CreateTempEnt
* Can submit server and client commands from python as if from console

Torrent: 

https://kickass.to/goldeneye-source-v4-2-3-patch-1-exe-t7562152.html
MD5: 657592BC047793202241CB41627EF108
SHA1: 980901C93461F0A151A06F8E2EC2FCD15178D412

https://kickass.to/goldeneye-source-v4-2-3-full-1-exe-t7562133.html
MD5: FF9D3B3AC6612B727202CC6DEA7B4333
SHA1: 446270F0781872A1EF91BE7615F6EE806CA6BAB1

Link:

ModDb Patch Installer
MD5: 657592BC047793202241CB41627EF108
SHA1: 980901C93461F0A151A06F8E2EC2FCD15178D412

Moddb Full Installer
MD5: FF9D3B3AC6612B727202CC6DEA7B4333
SHA1: 446270F0781872A1EF91BE7615F6EE806CA6BAB1

ModDb Server Patch {7z}
MD5: 70135226B9D6ABB5261326264E305415
SHA1: FAEA4E71865E294D82B2659C825DC9EBF7A16194

ModDb Server Full {7z}
MD5: C0CC7F36C48BA8332213AB153ABC18C2
SHA1: 58EA124A1BC7AE4E5B2A9087C9673D60A8464C03

As always, you can follow us more closely at our community hubs! We love your comments, contributions, and excitement. Continue to give your opinions, and get involved with our discussion areas!

Sincerely,
Team GoldenEye: Source
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:37:12 pm by killermonkey »

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Re: GoldenEye: Source v4.2.3 Release and Downloads
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 12:47:09 pm »

Awesome Work Team GES :D

also i noticed in the second image ge_dam in the map selection ;)

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 01:55:40 pm »

See you all on the servers ;)

Oh, and I'll be seeding the torrents for a while.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:57:38 pm by mbsurfer »

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 01:58:21 pm »

Oh man don't tease me like that KM!

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 02:02:48 pm »

great stuff! thanks for your big effort, see you all tonight!

and hey, for the new players:
if you are looking for that mysterious map called "Scaramanga's funhouse" which was created by some strange maniac for goldeneye source some time ago, please look here or you'll never find out: http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7337.msg78781.html

and while we're on the subject, please also check out the custom content section: http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/board,98.0.html
here you find other great goldeneye stuff, like namajnaG's recreation of the Nightfire map "NF_Power_v3" or new gamemodes created by Troy and WNxEuphonic
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 03:26:36 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 05:05:27 pm »

Awesome work, As always! I'm always surprised to see how the team is dedicated to keep this game updated and fresh for everyone, Thanks for your unstopped work over the years and the continuation of your dedication over this mod, It's most likely the HL2 mod that has had the most attention and care on a long-term basis, And your efforts do not go unnoticed.
Thanks a lot!

And thanks Cy, Really appreciated! I might as well tune it in here that more Nightfire maps will be available and ready to play in the upcoming months, Since I will have lots of free time to work on those outside of real-life work. I will keep you updated on my thread.

Happy gaming!

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 05:10:08 pm »

Hi, the new update is great, I already played and I think you know it :P. I loved the sniper zoom and everything, but I found some bugs.
The first one is with the new models, if you use D5K (without silencer) and reload, the silencer will pop-up and stay there until you release "r". (thanks to Falko for noticing this). And the silenced one goes down every shot.

The other bug are the reticles, when you aim with a weapon that have zoom, like the AR33, the reticle will appear in a sec more or less. If you reload while zooming, the zoom will go back slowly. And if you aim, reload and release shift, the sight will be there until the animation ends.

I don't know if I'm explaining well, but hope this helps.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 05:24:50 pm by Graslu »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 05:53:41 pm »

Cool bug with the silencer, haha

As for the reticule... it doesn't appear until you have server confirmation that you are in aim mode (fully zoomed, slow movement, precise shots). So lag will affect the time it takes for it to appear. It is a visual representation of when you are actually in aim mode.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 07:59:03 pm »

It seems like it's from the server, the D5K bug, I joined another one and it was fixed, but when came there again it had the bug, but maybe it's something wrong in the files, too.

Falko

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Falko barely matters.Falko barely matters.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 08:05:57 pm »

The game is way more balanced than it used to, thanks to the increased range of the spawning system.
I might be a little rusty but I couldn't do as many kill streaks as usual ;)
Well, the hitreg was completely off but still, it's great.
I'm sure the newest players will appreciate the game a little more now.

Really enjoyed Arsenal too, hope to see OBIE in the next update.
All in all, it's a little more than a maintenance patch -_'

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 08:20:32 pm »

I want to incorporate more game modes in the next release.

Currently merging in SDK 2013 into our baseline... going smoothly so far, but that means nothing until you hit "compile" hehe

WNxUufje

• Scientist
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • WNxUufje has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 08:29:02 pm »

The D5K bug is actually a server bug, I'm hoping to have that fixed soon.

As for the patch, I like it. I played a gamenight just now and I'm already liking the invulnerability time.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 09:37:01 pm »

@WNxUufje

Please check the auto team settings... there may be interference with one of your mods because when auto team kicks in it restarts the round like 3 times and switches teamplay on and off.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 12:24:46 am »

It's great to see the patch has finally been released!  I'll try it out when I get home.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

liamcadhain

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 10:51:41 am »

Good job team! Kudos to all involved in the making of this patch in any way. Glad to hear another major release is coming down the line too - certainly shows the tireless dedication and devotion given to this mod since its inception. Keep up the good work everyone!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up