GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:48:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Call me crazy...  (Read 12469 times)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Call me crazy...
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2013, 07:18:07 pm »

Well, It isn't very complicated.
The easiest way if you're not good with forwarding ports, Is to download Hamachi for yourself and your friends and create a network, Tutorials are all around YouTube explaining how and it's very simple. Once you create a network, A VPN IP will be assigned to you, It will be displayed on top of your Hamachi window, Right above the username you chose. Make your friends all join your created network.

To create a server, You first need to activate the console in the game's options, Usually located in
Keyboard -> Advanced -> Enable Developer Console
Then when that is done, Use the tilde "~" or "`" key to open the console. This key is usually located to the left of the number 1 and over the TAB key.
If it still does not open, It's most likely because your keyboard language is not in english, The easiest way to open it is to right-click Goldeneye Source in your Steam Library, Click properties, Then launch options, And add "-console" (without quotes) in the line, Then press apply, And re-launch the game, The console should be open, Just make sure you do not close it.

To start a server, Simply click "Create server", Then choose the game's options and map, And click start.

Once you're in the game, Press escape to open the menu, The console should still be there, Enter "sv_lan 0" (Without quotes) and then heartbeat.
When everything of this is done, Tell your friends to go in their server browser, Then go to favorites tab, Tell them to add a server to their favorites by right-clicking on the server list, Then add a server, Then tell them your Hamachi IP plus the default port (Remember, They have to be in your Hamachi network or else they won't see your game!)
So your Hamachi IP should look like this when adding it to their favorites :

xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:27015

Then they should be able to join your game.
I don't know how to make myself any more clear than that, So good luck! :P

graz11

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • graz11 has no influence.
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 03:20:28 pm »

that totally worked!! thanks so much!!

my next question is...

Can i set up an official 1.1 sever? (f anyone else here wants to play the old version for old time sake)
is it even possible anymore?

thanks again!

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 05:30:43 pm »

Depends on what you mean with "official".
Ofc. you can set up a dedicated server for 1.1h if you like, but IMO official would mean hosted by the developers which is not the case here.

graz11

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • graz11 has no influence.
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 07:51:53 pm »

"Official" as in anyone who would want to play could login and play at any given time. Is that a possibility?

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 08:33:46 pm »

You need to rent a gameserver for that.
Well, theoretically you could set up a dedicated server on your home PC too, but in that case it would need to run 24/7 and you have to have a very good internet connection that isn't used for any major task like streaming videos or download big files, torrents etc.
In other words not really an option if the server should always be available.

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Daisy-Fan has no influence.
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2013, 11:36:02 pm »

1.1 have his time. i started GES by d'that beta. it was fun and cool. but the new beta is way better then the current past.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2013, 11:38:36 pm »

1.1 have his time. i started GES by d'that beta. it was fun and cool. but the new beta is way better then the current past.

The mod is no longer in beta. :)

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Daisy-Fan has no influence.
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2013, 11:42:16 pm »

My bad, it still an awesome mod tho.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up