GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 07:31:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server Install (Windows) Wiki Question  (Read 6063 times)

X72

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • X72 has no influence.
Server Install (Windows) Wiki Question
« on: April 24, 2013, 02:22:17 am »

Hey all,
I'm trying to get a server set up on my PC by following the 4.1 Server Install guide at the wiki. I know 4.2.1 is the current version and I am using the new files, just the old instructions. My issue is in the server setup starting at Step 2 it reads "Step 2:

Now click on Start, Run and type cmd. This should bring up a blank command window and now type in these commands:

0@@
This will update the update tool to the newest version."
The 0@@ obviously isn't a real command. Has this just not been updated? I feel like I'm close, ive found the command from an older guide but that doesn't seem to work either. If anyone has help to offer, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

X72

X72

• 00 Newbie
  • X72 has no influence.
Re: Server Install (Windows) Wiki Question
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 03:20:05 am »

I think I have worked through my issues, except now when I try to launch I get "scrds.exe - Entry Point Not Found" with the error "The procedure entry point ?CallWorker@CWorkerThread@@QAEHII_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library tier0.dll". Anybody seen this and have any ideas? Thanks again everyone!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 02:38:14 am »

Sorry the wiki is currently down for maintenance.... I am transferring to a totally new wiki format and some of the language got mangled in the move.

As for your second post, that means you do not have the Source SDK Base 2007 properly installed.

X72

• 00 Newbie
  • X72 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 05:19:26 am »

Thanks for the reply. I have tried deleting local content for Source SDK base 2007 (and sdk base 2006) and reinstalling, and get the same error. One odd thing is when I download Source SDK Base 2007 again, it seems to start downloading at 88%. I think tomorrow I am going to try installing on another PC to see what happens there, but have you (or anyone else) run into a similar situation with the re-download? Thanks again!

X72

• 00 Newbie
  • X72 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 03:50:23 am »

So I've now got two computers that get that same error when trying to run the server. Possibly something damaged with the Source SDK Base 2007 download through steam? Or is it more likely that I've just got something screwed up?

Dont suppose someone has a sample batch file I could compare to? Any other ideas/advice is great too. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up