GoldenEye: Source Forums

• May 19, 2024, 11:17:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GES v4.2.3 Features -- What do you want?  (Read 44390 times)

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES v4.2.3 Features -- What do you want?
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2013, 10:59:16 pm »

When the loading screen pops appears, that tip text shouldn't be over the image I think, it should be under it in that empty area.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/936/2013012200002n.jpg

It should look like

Headshot Tip   <---  Title

Description of the tip.

They both could go in a box or without a box. It should be placed right under the image. The tip then refers to the Map name and image above.

Take a look at this

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/415392-james-cameron-s-avatar-the-game-windows-screenshot-loading.jpg

That looks readable and easy on the eyes.

This is what I mean...

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594741209198482463/7F99AAAF129F62CFC46851D07EA1DF650F1EC356/

Usually those are bugs when you switch between screen dimensions. Those are rather annoying indeed, but easily fixable on the client's end.

I think it was completely reworked from scratch by Sharpsh00tah.

If it was reworked by Sharpsh00tah, i would love to have the map for 4.2 :)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2013, 11:48:36 pm »

Terrowrist, what res are you running?  The text should be underneath the images.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2013, 02:17:57 am »

Terrowrist, what res are you running?  The text should be underneath the images.

1920x1080. I just fixed it by applying that resolution again. Funny that fixed it.

Thank you. I shouldn't have any more problems. Everything else is running great.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2013, 02:27:49 am »

Oh! I forgot about an old minor bug I found a while back and still isn't fixed.
Using mouse buttons as the push-to-talk in-game won't work during the round report. (I use a side mouse button)

Kiihhu

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kiihhu has no influence.
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2013, 03:20:14 pm »

I just noticed one small thing you could fix. If you spectate and the round or match ends, the round/match results are not shown. It would be nice to see who won and what awards were given also in spec mode. Now the only way to see the scores is to press tab, but it doesn't show you which team won, only the scores for individual players.

Kiihhu

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kiihhu has no influence.
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2013, 10:34:08 pm »

If I'm not too late already, I have a bug I'd like to get fixed, and it has again to do with the scoreboard (odd that I forgot to mention it last time when I was talking about ending scores too).

Very often I experience the following: when I join a match late, during the last round, the game doubles whatever score I manage to get in that round. If I manage to get 15 kills in the last round, after the match ends it shows I earned 30. Many times the score boost I get makes me win the whole match just for doing well in that single round. For gamemodes like Living Daylights that allow you to get score at very fast pace the effect is particularly significant. If you get 30 points in one round, in the end it shows you got 60 (IF you joined the game during the final round). I can't remember if it doubles your deaths as well, I think not.

Wishful Thinking!

• Community GE:S Australia Admin
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Wishful Thinking! has no influence.
    • Wishful Thinking!
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2013, 10:50:53 am »

Any chance of having an web admin interface to control the server through a web browser, this makes administrating the server from mobile devices easier. And/Or, a way of adding the Mani-Admin mod to the server?.
..: PC Gaming & Anime | TeamSpeak 3: ts3.wishfulthinkings.net :..

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2013, 04:14:37 am »

We really can't manage server stuff with our client. If you set up your own server you can easily manage it via mobile. Android has a Source Dedicated Server app to do everything via mobile. Or you can set up a VNC server and simply load up the server via mobile. iOS should have similar setup. 

If you rent a server they should supply a web interface for managing server which should load up on mobile device fine. Jest servers has this and a option to install mani admin and such with one click. Pick your server host wisely.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Wishful Thinking!

• Community GE:S Australia Admin
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Wishful Thinking! has no influence.
    • Wishful Thinking!
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2013, 05:12:22 am »

Yes me and some mates have setup our own on a dedicated self-managed server, VNC looks to be the best option for administrating while out and about on a mobile device.
..: PC Gaming & Anime | TeamSpeak 3: ts3.wishfulthinkings.net :..

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2013, 12:31:03 pm »

So any new news?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2013, 01:04:54 pm »

I haven't worked on GES in a few weeks, currently cleaning up other projects first.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2013, 01:46:42 pm »

It was always my intention to create some gameplay videos with Bots, but with them in their current state I decided to wait for them to fixed, it doesn't look good for the mod when their getting stuck in doorways and on stairs etc, you know how harsh the internet can be, so as soon as the patch comes out i'll get to work.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2013, 12:28:33 am »

It was always my intention to create some gameplay videos with Bots, but with them in their current state I decided to wait for them to fixed, it doesn't look good for the mod when their getting stuck in doorways and on stairs etc, you know how harsh the internet can be, so as soon as the patch comes out i'll get to work.

really? everytime i played GESource the bots never got stuck, alright ocasionally one or two of them just stood there standing like they were daydreaming...

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2013, 04:21:51 am »

Then you haven't played enough.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

terps4life90

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2013, 08:51:08 am »

really? everytime i played GESource the bots never got stuck, alright ocasionally one or two of them just stood there standing like they were daydreaming...

I for one can tell you the bots do get stuck a lot.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up