GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 08:20:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Donations  (Read 8731 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Donations
« on: January 13, 2013, 09:15:15 pm »

In August of 2012, E-S and I created the GoldenEye: Source Events group.  The goal of the group was to bring players together the first Saturday of every month to play a new game mode, new map or custom setup.  In order to help keep these events going, I'm asking for donations from the community.  The money will be used directly to pay the quarterly server bill.  If you want to donate, click the link below, use the e-mail donation@none.com and the password donate to log in. Afterwards, navigate to the account information section and select add funds.  The minimum deposit is five dollars.

http://jestservers.com/panel/index.php
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:34:06 pm by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Donations
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 06:41:03 am »

Could use our free server we supply the community to use when ever they want to host a event. Supplied by Team and Jest.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 11:21:31 am »

I'd rather use mine because I've spent a long time setting it up.  Which server is yours?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 11:37:22 am »

Our server is currently: Teksyndicate.com Developer Server. Still setup from tek night.

ip: 208.122.57.194:27015

liamcadhain

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 01:13:05 pm »

If you need a donation I'd be happy to lend a few quid. I'll drop a bit in this evening when I get home from college.

[...edited this post instead of creating a new one]
Just dropped a few quid in, hope it helps. I haven't been to many Events recently - there's always something coming up in the meantime unfortunately. Doubt I'll have much time for it over the coming weeks either as I'm back in college but keep up the good work with the server (and that goes to E-S too)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:38:47 pm by liamcadhain »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 11:48:51 pm »

Thanks man.  That will help me pay for the next bill.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 12:40:30 am »

Now why would you want people to give you money which people could put towards something else when Major is offering the use of a FREE server?

Money doesn't just grow on trees for people.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 02:23:28 am »

Now why would you want people to give you money which people could put towards something else when Major is offering the use of a FREE server?

Let the people decide, its their money after all :)

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 03:47:44 am »

I don't have a gun to anyone's head.  I thought this would be a way for people to show appreciation for the events.  Take note that Major offered this after I posted this thread.  While as gracious as Major's offer is, I do not want to do events on his server.  I spent a long time setting mine up and I do not wish to cancel mine.

Kratos

• Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 05:22:20 am »

It's simple, if the server receives a good amount of traffic, I might throw in a buck or two for his server costs. I was waiting for event to occur. I made a post about how we should setup an event long time ago and nothing popped up (i understand not everyone has time and we have other priorities in our life). Hey if Troys server gets activity and is full, forward the clients to Majors server to minimize the wait time. Both servers will get used.

This is how you start it up to make it successful. Server costs are not cheap.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 03:04:33 pm »

All good. Trust me know first hand about fun times with server costs. But have said for years, we have a 14 man community server if anyone wants to host something special.

I would of probably done the same, but didn't want to look like team was looking for money. Good luck.

Kratos

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 06:17:05 pm »

Our server is currently: Teksyndicate.com Developer Server. Still setup from tek night.

ip: 208.122.57.194:27015

Also since its a development server, i think you should keep it for development and testing purposes only where as Troys could be used for hosting events, but anyhow we need active clients first hahaha

Good luck to you and Troy.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 01:43:31 am »

Also since its a development server, i think you should keep it for development and testing purposes only where as Troys could be used for hosting events, but anyhow we need active clients first hahaha

Good luck to you and Troy.

We have two servers we can use for development.

Kratos

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 01:51:07 am »

We have two servers we can use for development.

Oh, damn!
Pages: [1]   Go Up