GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 03:01:10 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fantastic News- Activison gets The Boot  (Read 7593 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Fantastic News- Activison gets The Boot
« on: January 05, 2013, 12:33:40 am »

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10723&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

the best news i've heard Activison might be loosing the licence and so...no more COD Games with Bond Charaters and hopefully a good developer and publisher will win the rights.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Fantastic News- Activison gets The Boot
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 01:12:32 am »

Neat.

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 02:18:22 am »

still makes me wonder why they are taking the games down though..

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 02:21:37 am »

I hope Microsoft gets it, so that cancelled XBLA version can finally get released. But I guess that wouldn't be too good for original games, so perhaps the developer that made TimeSplitters, since it's apparently composed of the people that made GoldenEye.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 02:42:00 am by Storm101 »

Rick Astley

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 04:03:11 am »

I hope Microsoft gets it, so that cancelled XBLA version can finally get released. But I guess that wouldn't be too good for original games, so perhaps the developer that made TimeSplitters, since it's apparently composed of the people that made GoldenEye.

So..Crytex UK basically? (most of the developers went there) still i would love to see Rare get their hands back on it and finally release the XBLA version but since they are making Kinet Games..that would be...Problematic

Still Rocksteady would make a great developer or Valve

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 09:49:43 am »

Valve would be cool. Rare isn't the company it was anymore and it would lead to M$ exclusivity.
Crytec UK would be the best choice if EA buys the rights again.

But right now, it's only speculation that AB will give up the rights, because the only thing that happened is that the games were removed from the market places.

Far more interresting would be to know what will happen to all the ppl who allready have the games and wanna download them or DLC (Like the skyfall mission in 007 Legends) again, or even play on a multiplayer server.

But even if they lose the licence now, i don't see a reason to remove games they released when they had the licence.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 05:04:23 pm »

I wouldn't mind EA taking the licence back, I honestly really liked some of the titles they have released, Notably Everything or Nothing and Nightfire (Both PC and Console).

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 09:32:47 pm »

I wouldn't mind EA taking the licence back, I honestly really liked some of the titles they have released, Notably Everything or Nothing and Nightfire (Both PC and Console).

This. I made a point of playing the newer Activision games to see if they had anything new or interesting, and to my disappointment they were CoD clones. Not to mention 007 Legends on its own is simply just one of the worst games I've ever played. I spent almost as much time on Everything or Nothing as I did with GE64, and everything Activision's put out is clearly just a cheap cash grab using the Bond name compared to EA's attempts at doing fun and creative things with their games.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 09:47:43 pm »

Nightfire and Agent Under Fire had some pretty good multiplayer. Especially Agent Under Fire with its claw that could latch onto damn near anything. I'd love to play around with something like that in GES.  :P

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 10:09:00 pm »

You know things have gone rotten when we'd rather see EA with the Bond license. I do have good memories of Nightfire and Agent Under Fire though. Really hope this rumor turns out to be true!

Rick Astley

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 12:22:54 am »

This. I made a point of playing the newer Activision games to see if they had anything new or interesting, and to my disappointment they were CoD clones. Not to mention 007 Legends on its own is simply just one of the worst games I've ever played. I spent almost as much time on Everything or Nothing as I did with GE64, and everything Activision's put out is clearly just a cheap cash grab using the Bond name compared to EA's attempts at doing fun and creative things with their games.

man tell me about it- it was downright hard to get the plantium and Gold awards to unlock cheats

Rick Astley

Pages: [1]   Go Up