GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 27, 2024, 09:25:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Attention Goldeneye Source Developers!!  (Read 10366 times)

terps4life90

Re: Attention Goldeneye Source Developers!!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 02:49:11 am »

Isn't it a little late for a trailer?

Never too late for anything.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 12:09:47 pm »

We are basically at this point waiting on lightning in a bottle.

It is a cost benefit for us as to whether we personally generate heavy PR strategies. Our social media only really sparks our current fanbase. It doesn't gain numbers.

Third parties have been as good for us as our own efforts, they may again. The right person, the right time could always start a movement. This is why we encourage it.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 12:27:56 am »

Honestly I think we are not seeing much activity is maybe people don't like the current state the game is in right now. There is something in the game that is driving people away and playing other source games, What is that? Can you fix it? How will we reach back to those people who stepped away temporary?

Maybe we should start pumping out more custom maps just to keep the community active.

I am all in for a weekly tournament or weekend tournament. Perhaps something like gungame, capture the babe. Something like these people will play all day if done correct. Look at counter strike source, im sure Wake can explain that the game is so simple, but the gameplay is great. If we work on some new ways to enhance the gameplay, people will likely come back and fill our servers.

I don't think advertising is the culprit. The mod is all over the internet. Even students in my school play it after classes.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:30:59 am by Terrowrist »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up