GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 07:31:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: So..whats next for Goldeneye Source?  (Read 31063 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Re: So..whats next for Goldeneye Source?
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2013, 12:18:58 pm »

you know what i would love to see:

Ge_Crypt

basically a night time more spookier version of Egyptain with a diffrent skybox (you know after shooting the baron for the second time in the N64 level and the place gets dark and the sky changes) that would be excellent and it would make it more interesting (and probarly a bit frustrating) in gamemodes like Live and Let die with the Baron stalking the place in the dark

just a thought...

HardHittinHeeb

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • HardHittinHeeb has no influence.
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2013, 07:36:36 am »

I'd also like to interject.... we have no control over whether valve will make GNU/Linux compatible binaries for their SDK. I am not sure if you are holding the fact that GE:S is NOT on GNU/Linux to not contribute....
My main rational for not playing was that my gaming computer didn't have Windows 7 drivers for the old wifi card I'm using, but I fixed that now by installing drivers with the same chipset, so the biggest issue was technological, not ideological.

But now we have Source SDK 2013 with full support for GNU/Linux and OS X, so unless there's any porting issues to the new SDK or dependency on Windows-only libraries, I see little reason not to welcome cross-platform compatability. Depending on schedule, I might even go so far to help with porting/testing.

Edit:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 07:44:17 am by HardHittinHeeb »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2013, 10:51:25 am »

We'll definitely need help.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2013, 03:53:35 pm »

My main rational for not playing was that my gaming computer didn't have Windows 7 drivers for the old wifi card I'm using, but I fixed that now by installing drivers with the same chipset, so the biggest issue was technological, not ideological.

But now we have Source SDK 2013 with full support for GNU/Linux and OS X, so unless there's any porting issues to the new SDK or dependency on Windows-only libraries, I see little reason not to welcome cross-platform compatability. Depending on schedule, I might even go so far to help with porting/testing.

Hi Rev.  It's been a long time since I've seen you. :)
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2013, 03:13:07 am »

Make GES run on the raspberry pi :)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2013, 02:36:36 pm »

Make GES run on the raspberry pi :)

Oh fuck, I will definitely try... but I don't think I'll get far without overclocking the shit out of it!

Kratos

• Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2013, 08:20:51 am »

Oh fuck, I will definitely try... but I don't think I'll get far without overclocking the shit out of it!

I will try to run a GES server on it. I will report back what I have accomplished.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2013, 11:28:31 pm »

I don't know what you guys are talking about but damn if I don't like it!

Kratos

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2013, 05:42:27 am »

I don't know what you guys are talking about but damn if I don't like it!

"The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card-sized single-board computer developed in the UK by the Raspberry Pi Foundation"

"The Raspberry Pi has a Broadcom BCM2835 system on a chip (SoC), which includes an ARM1176JZF-S 700 MHz processor (The firmware includes a number of "Turbo" modes so that the user can attempt overclocking, up to 1 GHz, without affecting the warranty), VideoCore IV GPU,[12] and was originally shipped with 256 megabytes of RAM, later upgraded to 512 MB. It does not include a built-in hard disk or solid-state drive, but uses an SD card for booting and long-term storage. The Foundation's goal is to offer two versions, priced at US$25 and US$35."

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2013, 10:23:15 pm »

Much better understanding of what it's all about now; my boss got one a few months ago. No idea what he plans to do with it..
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Kratos

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2013, 08:05:21 am »

Much better understanding of what it's all about now; my boss got one a few months ago. No idea what he plans to do with it..

Tell your boss about http://www.xbian.org/

You can stream videos from his PC hard drive in 1080p.

You can watch a bunch of video apps like vimeo, netflix (needs special installation) youtube, retrovision etc.

Or he can run dos games, and bunch of other stuff.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up