GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 19, 2024, 11:58:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server Requirement Question  (Read 5277 times)

Snipes01

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Snipes01 has no influence.
Server Requirement Question
« on: October 03, 2012, 02:14:43 am »

Hi I'm completely need to source mods.

I wanted to know. What are the server requirements to run a source mod like this one?

As in how much disk space and ram is required?

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
Re: Server Requirement Question
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 03:33:28 pm »

The required things for source mods are the same of all the other source games, you need srcds (Search it in google) folllowing the instructions to install it, then download GoldenEye: Source 4.2.1 server and install it in the srcds folder (Intructions, thats 4.1 but still works: http://wiki.geshl2.com/index.php/GE:S_v4.1_Server_Install ).
You have to open some ports too:
UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive (Game client traffic)
TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)
Restart the router and then launch the server and wait people to join, test it with friends to see if it works, you can launch a listen server (In the menu) too but when you leave the game the server closes.
The ram doesn't really matter I think, and the HDD space needed depends in the game, 2-3gb maybe, the internet speed REALLY matter, in srcds page they have the required for "x" players.
Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:20:13 pm by Graslu »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 11:54:19 pm »

I'd recommend a couple GB's minimum for ram. However, depends on how big and full the server is.

Like said servers are mostly limited by there bandwidth. For a good 8 man server you'd want a good at least 8-10mb connection. You can get by with less, but will be really limited to geographically local players.

All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

cdoublejj

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • cdoublejj has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 02:50:39 am »

So then If I really wanted too then i could get by with less but, I might want to limit the number of player to about 4 maybe 6?
Pages: [1]   Go Up