GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 29, 2024, 07:31:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years ahead?  (Read 14184 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years ahead?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 03:10:21 pm »

dancing with the devils!
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 03:50:41 pm »

Well, people that know me already know that I have a Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing. Currently, I am working on the Orthopedic floor as a new graduate nurse. I see myself in about 3-5 years going back to either get a Masters in Nursing or going from RN to PA (physician assistant). They have a 2 year program from BSN-RN to PA. A Masters in Nursing is another 4 years of schooling. If I get a masters in nursing, I can function under the same level as a Doctor and have my own patients, prescribe my own meds, and have my own clinic. Pretty tempting. PA is a little more restrictive as I have to work under a physician.

Option 2: I could see myself eventually working more in public health nursing such as school nursing. I love working with kids in the public setting such as being a camp nurse at a kids camp. Keeps you young working with kids. :)

Option 3: I have considered this a lot lately, but there is a degree (2-4 years) which would get me a Masters in Nursing Informatics. In this position, I could be the one that physically designs EMR's (Electronic medical records) and codes the program basing it around my prior nursing experience. This department has a wide variety of salaries ranging from the same as a staff RN (what i do currently) and making up to 110,000 dollars yearly (depending on the company, state, and other factors). Either way, it would combine my computer knowledge and nursing knowledge and take the best of both worlds. Might be a really good fit for me. Plus, I feel like GE:S has had provided me with some helpful experience, more or less. 

Regardless, I see myself somewhere else than where I do now. The questions is....where will I go. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 09:07:27 pm »

5 Year Plan: Possibly get an M.Ed, then teaching English in Asia, and then the Middle East once I have enough experience under my belt.

10 Year Plan: Back to school for a masters in Archeology.

Somewhere along those lines. I can get into a free M.Ed for Elementary Education course now that runs for 18 months, but I'm not sure sure if I want to.
Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 11:10:42 pm »

Live in Karratha (a mining town in north west australia) with my partner. Me and her have big plans for a house, a home theatre to make people jealous and a range of business ideas around her future job as a shipping agent.

I will run the businesses and if she gets 2 or 3 years as a shipping agent here that would qualify her to work pretty much any port town/city in the world.

So who knows where we'll be in 5-10. Somewhere as happy as now, but with more financial chops? =D

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 12:31:25 am »

I'm not entirely sure myself, but I know his degree is a 5 year one and that the last year is spent in professional placement with a Pharmacy that is in liaison with the college. I think once he has graduated after the 5 years he will have a Masters in Pharmacy too or something

I am doing my professional placement as well as doing other pharmacy units. His degree sounds a lot like the American set up, because they finish with a Masters of Pharmacy, whereas mine will only be a Bachelor. (Which is good for him, means he isn't stuck in Ireland).

Live in Karratha (a mining town in north west australia) with my partner. Me and her have big plans for a house, a home theatre to make people jealous and a range of business ideas around her future job as a shipping agent.

I will run the businesses and if she gets 2 or 3 years as a shipping agent here that would qualify her to work pretty much any port town/city in the world.

It seems a lot of people are going up to Karratha to change their lives, and not just to do mining either. It looks like the city is booming, which is really good for a country town. Good luck to you and your partner. It sounds like a good plan to me.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:34:38 am by Emilia »
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

terps4life90

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 12:34:18 am »

Taking a big poop.

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 01:11:30 am »

Medical examiner somewhere in the US or Canada, with a sub-specialization in forensic neuropathology. 

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2013, 11:20:45 am »

Wow, can't believe it has been a year since this thread started. How is everyone else going?

I now have my Bachelor of Pharmacy and I have about 3 months left of my internship.

I looked at becoming an accredited pharmacist, but the job prospects there are not good.
In saying that, the jobs prospects of any career path of pharmacy aren't good. Pharmacists are getting paid absolute @#$% here. I am looking to go into country towns where the demand for pharmacists are high and the pay is so much better.

I have my final exam in 2 months time. And it is really scary *hides*

Once my internship is done, there may be a place for me to work over Christmas, as it is very busy then. After that, I am off to Oregon for a few months. Not sure how long I am actually going as of yet.

Then trying to find a job.

EJ, how much longer until you are a doctor?

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 12:35:33 pm »

well i did a short Introduction to acting course
but you know im kinda scared because i dont know really to do with my life....

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2013, 09:10:33 pm »

After that, I am off to Oregon for a few months. Not sure how long I am actually going as of yet.

You going to visit Major in Washington while you are up there?

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2013, 09:54:08 pm »

Wow, can't believe it has been a year since this thread started. How is everyone else going?

I now have my Bachelor of Pharmacy and I have about 3 months left of my internship.

I looked at becoming an accredited pharmacist, but the job prospects there are not good.
In saying that, the jobs prospects of any career path of pharmacy aren't good. Pharmacists are getting paid absolute @#$% here. I am looking to go into country towns where the demand for pharmacists are high and the pay is so much better.

I have my final exam in 2 months time. And it is really scary *hides*

Once my internship is done, there may be a place for me to work over Christmas, as it is very busy then. After that, I am off to Oregon for a few months. Not sure how long I am actually going as of yet.

Then trying to find a job.

EJ, how much longer until you are a doctor?

So you're trying to become a licensed pharmacist in the US?  Or coming for vacation?  Because the US market for pharmacists has also very recently become saturated in many areas, at least in NY/NJ.  No clue about the west coast.

I am currently in my final year, 4th year.  Once I graduate, I will then start doing 4 years of anatomic/neuro pathology specialty training.  Following that with one fellowship year in forensic pathology.  Then, I can finally say that I am done. :-\

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 06:11:20 am »

You going to visit Major in Oregon while you are up there?

Fixed.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 12:11:13 pm »

So you're trying to become a licensed pharmacist in the US?  Or coming for vacation?  Because the US market for pharmacists has also very recently become saturated in many areas, at least in NY/NJ.  No clue about the west coast.

I am currently in my final year, 4th year.  Once I graduate, I will then start doing 4 years of anatomic/neuro pathology specialty training.  Following that with one fellowship year in forensic pathology.  Then, I can finally say that I am done. :-\

Wow EJ. So proud of you. The speciality you are going to do sounds very interesting. :D I just hope freshly dead bodies don't freak you out

As for me, I am going for a holiday. Never been to the US before, so I am very excited.

And yes, I will be seeing Major. GoldenEye meet up of two.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 08:20:09 am »

I am slightly disappointed. I stayed in Bend last week for a day and played on the Disc Golf course there (the one with the desert terrain 9 holes, Major) but I WAS NOT able to have enough time to plan a visit with Major. :/ It could have been a meet up of 3 in Oregon. Oh well. One of these times when I go through it, we are going to meet up and blood will be shed that night!

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 10:56:11 am »

(the one with the desert terrain 9 holes, Major)

I live in a desert, it's all desert terrain. I've played on 3 different ones here, so odds are I've played at one you did.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up