GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:02:19 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding bots to custom maps  (Read 8307 times)

Tarnus

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Tarnus has no influence.
Adding bots to custom maps
« on: August 14, 2012, 03:37:18 pm »

I suspect I've missed something really simple, is it possible to add bots to a custom map, and if so how do you do it?

Whenever I set the number of bots to add to a map I've created, no bots ever join the game, whilst they happy fill up the map when I use one of the default maps. Do I need to change some settings on the map, or add an entity for a bot spawner (I couldn't see an obvious one and assumed they used the player spawn points)

Thanks in advance guys!

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
Re: Adding bots to custom maps
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 04:13:11 pm »

I don't think the bots have been able to use custom maps, because they're not used to their surroundings, etc. It has to be programmed into the maps, nodes, and what not. It's a complicated process, but it can be done.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 04:27:34 pm »

Custom maps needs some nodes placed around the map for bots to be added in them, The only custom maps I'm aware of that has nodes in them are Siberia from CCSaint and the upcoming version of Funhouse by Cy, All other custom maps will need to be updated with nodes before you can use bots on them, Which might take some time.

You can't do much about it except decompile the map and add the nodes yourself, Which will most likely break several things in the map during the process, So it's not worth the hassle.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:30:52 pm by namajnaG »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 05:32:40 pm »

Not true namanja.

I added in situ addition of nodes in ges. Will be documenting it soon.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 06:45:43 pm »

You can't do much about it except decompile the map and add the nodes yourself, Which will most likely break several things in the map during the process, So it's not worth the hassle.
He said he has issues adding bots to the maps he created, so decompiling shouldn't be necessary at all.
It would also be possible to add the nodes ingame if there are no nodes in a map where you don't have the source files.

@tarnus: you can add ai nodes to the map in Hammer.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 07:02:21 pm »

Oh snap, Misread, My bad, I thought he mean't add bots to already existing custom maps. I didn't know you could add nodes in-game either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up