GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 07:24:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Which is the scariest level in the Original Goldeneye Game?

Surface II
- 5 (21.7%)
Statue Park
- 11 (47.8%)
Aztec
- 4 (17.4%)
Egyptain
- 2 (8.7%)
Caverns
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scariest Level in Goldeneye  (Read 9389 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Scariest Level in Goldeneye
« on: November 11, 2013, 02:49:06 am »

I was wondering having recently replayed the original Nintendo 64 Goldeneye- which level freaked you out the most when you first played it?

Personally i think the red sky and dark night time in Surface II with the soundtrack really made it tense- especially if you are playing 00 Agent difficulty

or the bit in Egyptain when the sky goes dark and the temple is compeletly black

But anyway share your memory and what spookiness you would love to see in Goldeneye Source?

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Scariest Level in Goldeneye
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 03:19:27 am »

Back when I was a kid, Statue was a bummer to me. Not only I couldn't find my way, but the music and ambiance creeped me out. Nowadays, I love the music!

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 11:16:37 am »

i remember that Statue was suppose to be in fog setting which would probarly have made it a bit unnerving....

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 06:48:59 pm »

Most definitely Surface 2. I was always completely lost and masked guys with guns would pop out of the darkness and shoot at me with Klobbs. And I was 12.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Rick Astley

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 11:56:05 pm »

Yeah Surface II was definetly the creepiest...especially the blowing wind that was unnerving as hell

Egyptain is a runner up as when the baron laughs for the 2nd time the whole map gets darker and all the soldiers are after you- when you are on low health its pretty much Brown Trousers time...

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 08:14:18 am »

In 00 agent, every level freaked me out. I was afraid of anybody pointing a gun at me. and because I was so afraid, I had to kill every single fucker  :angel:
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 10:28:26 pm »

Control always freaked me out as a kid trying to save the bitch from getting killed, I always got her killed -_-

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 11:16:00 pm »

Statue Park is really creepy.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Rick Astley

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 12:08:58 am »

Aztec on 00 Agent was a nightmare..if turretts werent bad enough, Jaws duel wielding Assualt Riffles and coming after you was brown trousers time- especially after killing him all the moonraker guards come after you with lasers

still the map was awesome and the music was good

Avocado Bone Flower

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Avocado Bone Flower has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 03:39:06 pm »

Aztec on 00 Agent was a nightmare..if turretts werent bad enough, Jaws duel wielding Assualt Riffles and coming after you was brown trousers time- especially after killing him all the moonraker guards come after you with lasers

still the map was awesome and the music was good

Yeah I'm with you. I was forever getting hit/killed by surprise laser blasts through grates and boxes. That was the hardest map ever, I was almost disappointed by how easy Egyptian was when I got it.
{S} ABF

Kiihhu

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kiihhu has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 12:25:59 am »

Aztec on 00 Agent was a nightmare..

Agreed! I can relate to every suggestion that is given here so far (on 00 Agent difficulty): the creepy statue park with Trevelyans minions carrying autoshotguns, and the dark Surface II with the enemies appearing out of the fog behind you. But what really made me sweat was Aztec with 00 Agent difficulty and the crazy reaction speed the Moonraker Elite soldiers have! They would hit you in an instant, especially those camping behind metal crates... But the scaryest part was when you insert the launch protocol disk into the computer behind the glass doors and the moonraker elite with dual lasers start spawning everywhere! From every hit you lose 2 bars of health and they often hit you several times in row so a single mistake can be fatal! The part that really made my heart pound, was helplessly climbing up the ladder to get to the launch button, and hoping they wouldn't shoot your back full of laser. I've had more than one heart attack when suddenly dying halfway up the ladder! :D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:27:46 am by Kiihhu »

Igmuwa

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Igmuwa has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 02:27:49 am »

Most definitely Surface 2. I was always completely lost and masked guys with guns would pop out of the darkness and shoot at me with Klobbs. And I was 12.

I was about to write exactly this.

And I was 12 as well :)

So long ago I can't really remember much else but... I think I also hid in the cabins to get a moments peace now and then.
Which created more creepiness when you could see enemies running outside the windows haha.
Pages: [1]   Go Up