GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 04:25:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Game underplayed?  (Read 8591 times)

Pyrolick

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pyrolick has no influence.
Game underplayed?
« on: August 10, 2012, 10:38:02 am »

I recently got the mod (maybe 6 days ago) and there is no players on when I'm playing. I found one server with 3 people in it and I got about 10 minutes of PvP fun before they quit. I play early in the morning/late at night so it maybe my timing. So in short, is the game dead? Is it picking up population again (I found the mod saying sorry for the 1.5 year wait for v4)? I just need to know if it's worth keeping on here cause I wont play it if its dead.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
Re: Game underplayed?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 10:53:31 am »

Where in the world you from?

It is usually busy when the Americans are playing in the afternoon
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 10:54:19 am »

You can play with bots now :-)

Weekends are the best times to play.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:30:00 am »

Bots are just as fun to play against, also... Make sure when refreshing the server list that the "Show Map List" button in the bottom left corner of the menu is not ticked, it'll show up more servers that way.

If you want to change Bot difficulty, you can change it by typing "ge_bot_difficulty n", n being a number from 0 to 9.
Another option to save you opening the console everytime, once you have decided on a good difficulty for you, go to your:-

Steam/Steamapps/Sourcemods/gesource/cfg

folder and open "valve.rc" with notepad, edit the following line near the bottom of the text:-

ge_bot_difficulty n

Again, n being a number from 0 to 9. Hope this helps.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 11:43:11 am »

This mod has never been dead. I've downloaded mods that had no forum support, no players, no buzz, no credentials, 1-2 servers total. And no one in game ever. That is "dead".

We have never even threatened to be on that level. Have had 10-20 servers for 6 years, and hardcore people play every single day. Yes it varies but you can always get a game if you learn when to refresh the serverlist in steam interface. If the game is underplayed it is because each member of the steam community isn't playing it once everyday, that would promote the idea to other random players downloading that we have a vibrant community.

2293 members in the steam group. Theoretical for you, 1/5 plays at night for an hour each and we'd fill servers pretty consistently. It's up to each fan.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 11:50:20 am »

This mod has never been dead. I've downloaded mods that had no forum support, no players, no buzz, no credentials, 1-2 servers total. And no one in game ever. That is "dead".

Perfect Dark Source is a good example, I believe that has zero servers.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 01:09:05 pm »

I have a feeling he is from the UK...

If you play in the morning, the Australians are playing at night
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 01:16:29 pm »

I have a feeling he is from the UK...

If you play in the morning, the Australians are playing at night

I'm from the UK as well, and yes... Knowing what time it is in US and Australia is a good start when deciding to play on servers as they're the most populated.

Pyrolick

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pyrolick has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 07:25:40 pm »

No I live in EST of the US, but I'm just a busy person so I play my game later at night so 11PM-3AM EST. I figured the game had a good population but not when I'm on. Are the weekends that much better for this? I can play more on the weekends.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 12:05:08 am »

Yeah, I haven't seen much people on weekdays at this time of the night anymore, I remember back in 4.0 days, 1138 members such as Cypher and Don we're always on at this time of the night, You might catch a few Australians at this time though.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 12:51:26 am »

Perfect Dark Source is a good example, I believe that has zero servers.

and mario kart source which has been declared dead :(

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 03:39:19 pm »

MK:S was doomed from the start.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 04:30:25 pm »

MK:S was doomed from the start.

Sad but true, We could see it miles away that the death of this mod was coming...

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 10:21:22 pm »

The mod looked so awesome though, its a shame. But on topic

That is wierd that you dont see anybody play, servers are always packed when i go on.

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN
Pages: [1]   Go Up