GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 07:53:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Utilize the 4.2 Bots  (Read 6752 times)

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
How to Utilize the 4.2 Bots
« on: August 04, 2012, 01:23:44 am »

Have you ever wondered how...in...the..world are people good at GoldenEye? Well, it all takes practice... With the new addition of the AI bots, this is an excellent path to take to train/re-train yourself at GoldenEye. I highly recommend this method to any GE:S player. The steps to success are simple.

• Begin playing with 1 bot. (Usually to get a feel for the bot's interactions with its environment as well as its aiming time)
   - This is also a great opportunity to get the aim correct. As someone always told me, "keep your gun high".

• Once you have a feel for the bot, begin increasing the bot limit by two, four, etc.
   - This step is vital due to the fact of having multiple targets coming for you at once, which trains your accuracy as well as reaction times.

• Keep training with low number bots with different weapon sets.
   - A step used to dominate the game. Memorize the maps, memorize the gun spawns, and destroy those players/bots!

• When you start becoming decent or good, it's time to crank up the bot limit to 16.
   - The final step which helps you take on an entire server, meaning multiple interactions with players/bots, and understanding their play style to better help with scenarios.

I hope you enjoyed/understood this "tutorial" on how to be a professional on GoldenEye. Hope to see you kicking butt!

-Tri-

(Video coming soon)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:26:50 am by TriDefiance »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: How to Utilize the 4.2 Bots
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:50:00 am »

Did I miss something? Professional? Is there anywhere to apply for money?

Nonetheless, this helps a little getting better, reading the radar under pressure and using the radar to spot targets or dangerous enemies. Actually you can be quite decent with average aim and tactical thinking.

Although it's still quite a step from playing with bots to going up against the top players. Unless the weaponset is Klobbs.

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 02:57:59 am »

Did I miss something? Professional? Is there anywhere to apply for money?

Nonetheless, this helps a little getting better, reading the radar under pressure and using the radar to spot targets or dangerous enemies. Actually you can be quite decent with average aim and tactical thinking.

Although it's still quite a step from playing with bots to going up against the top players. Unless the weaponset is Klobbs.

All of your statements are true, but it aids the new players by giving them a better understanding of what to do in game, as well as dropping the percentage of rage quitting by a long shot. It's a little something that could benefit the community.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 02:39:44 pm »

IF you want to become pro.... change the bot difficulty:

ge_bot_difficulty [0-9]

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 07:09:02 pm »

ge_bot_difficulty [0-9]

9 is the easiest for me :)

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 07:38:32 pm »

ge_bot_difficulty [0-9]

Yup, 9 is easy for me, I was just saying at the beginning for new players, they should start at 0-1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up