GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 04:16:01 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible New Gametype Idea? (Die Another Day)  (Read 3584 times)

ThatGuy4878

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ThatGuy4878 has no influence.
Possible New Gametype Idea? (Die Another Day)
« on: July 24, 2012, 03:54:05 am »

I don't know how desperate people are for new gamemodes for GE:S, or even if they need more game modes, but hear me out on this one:

Name: Die Another Day
Teamplay: Yes

Objective: Eliminate the opposing team.

What makes this special? Or better yet, why does it deserve the name Die Another Day?

Remember the variant of Dodgeball where one person was selected to be the "Doctor" and revived players who were stuck out? That's the idea here. One player is selected from both teams and acts as a medic to try and keep their team alive. The "Medic" is able to revive other players (via their ragdolls, or better yet, some token that spawns on death if say the ragdoll falls into an unreachable position) via an item. If the "Medic" dies, they drop said item so that another teammate can become the "Medic".

In retrospect it sounds like a great idea to me, but as I thought about it some flaws appeared themselves. For instance, this gametype would be terrible for a small group. It might involve people camping next to their Medic in a huge clump so that nothing is accomplished. (I’m pretty sure there are more stuff to it as well)

Soo...Thoughts, anyone?

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
Re: Possible New Gametype Idea? (Die Another Day)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 04:09:57 am »

Sounds cool, but you won't be seeing that in this release.

cadwal

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • cadwal has no influence.
Re: Possible New Gametype Idea? (Die Another Day)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 11:21:33 pm »

I don't think it's really that unbalanced.  Make it like other current games where there is a timer to resurrect.  Maybe it would take 5, 10 or 15 seconds.  I'm not sure what a balanced delay would be.  I think the Gears of War series has a pretty decent balance between combat and revival though.  You can take it one step further by requiring the doctor to kneel while resurrecting to make the doctor singled out.  You can take it a step further and have the resurrections available based on the number of kills your team makes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up