GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 02:30:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Headshots  (Read 7305 times)

Beege

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Beege has no influence.
Headshots
« on: July 19, 2012, 03:59:34 pm »

Just found this mod and tried it out a bit last night and loved it.  Feels just like the good ol days.  I realize I need a lot more practice, but I'm curious how most people get their headshots.  When I was playing I was getting slaughtered by constant headshots, but I couldn't find a good way to return the favor.  Are people generally using the aim feature or just shooting from the hip with enough experience to know where the bullet will go?  Does aiming improve your accuracy at all?  Does crouching improve your accuracy?

Edit:  I'm aware of how the bullet spread works.

terps4life90

Re: Headshots
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 04:15:53 pm »

My advice to you....never crouch. I hardly ever aim but if necessary I will.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 05:47:21 pm »

Aiming improves your accuracy a bit but it slows you down, as you may know. Crouching is only good if you like to go spelunking in the vents.

Practice makes perfect, as with everything. Try to aim your shots by adjusting them based on the bullet tracers. getting used to knowing where the centre of the screen is helps as well but that takes time and a bit of help from what I just mentioned. You can also use the radar or the timer to adjust your aim on the horizontal plane. Keep in mind that silenced weapons don't have bullet tracers so those can be a bit harder to aim with at first but, as I said before, once you get used to knowing where the centre of your screen is, everything will be easier and second-nature to you.

I usually only use the aim mode when the target's really far away.

Beege

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Beege has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 06:31:48 pm »

Thanks for the tips, good to know I shouldn't waste too much time crouching and aiming. 

Are the tracers an option I need to turn on somewhere?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 11:47:05 pm »

Thanks for the tips, good to know I shouldn't waste too much time crouching and aiming. 

Thats just pretty funny to read

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 12:56:50 am »

Just keep practising Beege!
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 08:35:15 am »

Are the tracers an option I need to turn on somewhere?

Nope. They show up every time you fire your weapon. If they aren't showing up, look again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up