GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:49:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The joys of release time  (Read 12068 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
The joys of release time
« on: June 09, 2012, 12:46:32 am »

Yes, as most of you creators out there know, nothing "Major" turns into a lot of "Minor" which eats up a lot of time.

We are perfectionists at GE:S, and for good reason. You guys have been playing v4.1 for well over 1.5 years WITHOUT A SINGLE UPDATE. Does it run perfectly? no. But it runs damn good and keeps you happy!

Well we want to make sure v4.2 lives up to that expectations and a lot of my effort recently has been perfecting the bots. Adding difficulty settings as well as ensuring there are no snags with our gameplay (like when a Bot picks up a Key in CTK). I have also added the ability for gameplay specific bots so you can code behaviors such as bots seeking out the Golden Gun in MWGG and preferring that weapon over all others.

With that said, there is also the bit about documentation that needs to be done. I have started documenting our new Python interface which is VASTLY different, and better, than v4.1.

With the new interface comes the ability to debug your Python code from ingame using the Eclipse IDE. GE:S v4.2 will ship with predefined includes that will allow for full code completion in both Gameplay and Ai coding.

Please take a look at my documentation so far, let me know if it doesn't make any sense: http://wiki.geshl2.com/index.php/Py_Eclipse_Editor

Also, all our multilingual folks, be on the lookout for translations soon. I will be posting those once I finish localizing the new scenario language and help files.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:53:34 am by killermonkey »

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Re: The joys of release time
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 01:38:55 am »

It was a good idea to have the predefines installed with 4.2.  That will make creating game modes easier.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 7FoX barely matters.7FoX barely matters.
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 02:59:17 am »

:D

that made me remember about the orders u can do with the simulants on perfect dark =P

liamcadhain

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 02:17:27 pm »

Sounds good KM, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

terps4life90

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 01:52:48 am »

can't believe I have waited 1.5 years for this.

Ego_Bizarro

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Ego_Bizarro has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 09:48:40 pm »

Bot support definitely is a great feature!
Pages: [1]   Go Up