GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:39:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Bassy update  (Read 20958 times)

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
A Bassy update
« on: May 21, 2012, 07:34:53 am »

I love all of you. I just wanted to start with that.  O:-)

The last six months have been crazy. Dropping out of school to work in a party industry was an interesting decision to make. Days that were normally occupied by circuit simulation and lab reports have been replaced with thumping music and flashing lights. Life has been good. Fucking finally.

It's been a hell of a ride working at what is now M Nightclub, Honolulu. I'm in charge of sound and lighting, and it's proven to be a bit of a challenge. It's been more than worth it however; I've worked with celebrities such as Diplo, Black Eyed Peas, and Rihanna. I get paid more to play around on the weekends than I ever did busting my ass designing electrical schematics for conceptual homes.

That's not to say I don't want to finish my graduate degree; I simply burned out after the Solar Decathlon project and needed to give my brain some rest. I'm planning on reapplying to go back in the fall to finish my Masters in Electrical Engineering. Until then, I'll be building more interactive art fixtures for EDC and Burning Man. I hope to see some of you out there!

Following said burnout, I noticed a massive decline in my ability to produce music. I left the film industry and stopped producing for this mod. I hit a massive depression that prevented me from reaching my artistic potential. I'm seeking to reverse this with a massive project over the summer.

I want to completely redo the soundtrack to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and release it online as a free mod. This will hopefully give me the practice I need to get back into the game. After meeting with my old film crew at a Diplo concert my club hosted, I realized how much my talents were missed. That said, I want to give a big THANK YOU to all of you who have supported this game and the music in it; I seriously love each and every one of you.  :-D

I hope all of you have been well and still play our game!

shit, I'm turning 25 soon. I started working on this game when I was 17. fuck.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:36:36 am by basstronix »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: A Bassy update
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 09:30:28 am »

And we thank you for all the awesome tracks in this mod (well, the ones you made and helped making). Good luck with the Skyrim mod and, most importantly, with the Master's you plan on returning to.

liamcadhain

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 09:56:54 am »

Thanks for the update Bass, glad to hear that things are going well for you. Good luck with the Skyrim soundtrack mod and your Master's degree

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:48:00 pm »

I've worked with celebrities such as Diplo, Black Eyed Peas, and Rihanna.

Pics or it didn't happen.
I'm kidding :P

That is awesome Trent. I'm glad you are feeling happy. Everyone should be doing something that they love. You took a risk and it paid off.

Good luck getting your masters degree. That will feel great once you get that done.

And I hope you find that inspiration to get the Skyrim soundtrack to sound awesome.

PS: We all love you too.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 12:12:38 am »

I've worked with celebrities such as Diplo, Black Eyed Peas, and Rihanna.

shit, I'm turning 25 soon. I started working on this game when I was 17. fuck.

Celebs? wow. Congrats man! It's difficult to meet with these people.

Now if only I can meet with Goldeneye developers, my life would be 25% complete! The other 75% are people who I want to meet.

Happy 25th birthday!

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 08:36:42 am »

Now if only I can meet with Goldeneye developers, my life would be 25% complete!

If any of you end up in Hawaii, I'll show you such a good time that it'll change your life.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 08:43:27 pm »

I'm planning a surf trip with some friends to either Hawaii, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, or Puerto Rico for a graduation present to myself in the coming year or so (Depends if I graduate early). If I end up going to Hawaii at any point I will DEFINITELY try to contact you.

Burning Man is a no go for me this year :( , but I still plan on going sometime in my life.
Pages: [1]   Go Up