GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 10:17:20 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW HACKER HAS EMERGED!  (Read 12135 times)

terps4life90

NEW HACKER HAS EMERGED!
« on: April 17, 2012, 04:43:00 am »

This guy right here is using an aimbot clear as day, and this was my 3rd encounter with him. Every time he kills everyone without a single problem. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966778941/ This is his steam page. I am forewarning everyone so you will not be shocked when you see him in game. I don't wanna hear the bullshit about there being no hacks for this game, well because source based games are quite simple to hack. I will post up some videos of this clown shortly.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:44:47 am by terps4life90 »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: NEW HACKER HAS EMERGED!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 04:48:10 am »

No public hacks have been released, I'm pretty sure of that, However, Coders can easily code their own hacks for the game.

terps4life90

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 04:58:59 am »

Just because "none have been released to your knowledge" doesn't factor out that they dont exist. I once encounter a hacker back in the day when i was WNx. We were playing cradle on deathmatch and this guy was killing everyone instantly, shooting through everything. WNxRamz was there and can vouch for that.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 05:05:58 am »

Isn't basically every every aimbot or such for Source applicable for any Source based mod, that doesn't deviate from the shooter genre? Anyway, cheating, i.e. griefing, is only so much fun. I mean what do you have to gain from it? Temporary satisfaction at most, which should become rather dull after a while, so he'll move on. It's not like there's league or something to play GE: s in and get sponsored and of course he can be banned from servers.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 05:08:41 am »

I played LTK with a guy that could see through walls.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 05:22:49 am »

It's not that big of a deal.

Server owners: STEAM_0:1:3256606

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 07:00:00 am »

There's no much server owners can do except ban that steam ID.  The last I knew, SDK Base 2007 was free.  So if he wanted, he could just make a new account.  If you had his IP, that would help keep him off.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 07:16:14 am »

There's no much server owners can do except ban that steam ID.  The last I knew, SDK Base 2007 was free.  So if he wanted, he could just make a new account.  If you had his IP, that would help keep him off.

That depends if the IP is static or dynamic and how the DHCP server is setup.  Doubtful that he continues to come back.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 07:45:23 am »

Don't spend too much effort on it. You can ban his SteamID if he connects and starts cheating around, though if he has such an urge to do that he'll even make a second account, but I say the problem will resolve itself rather soon.
On that IP thing: not that many people use static IPs, so chances are you wouldn't get him with that.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 09:06:16 am »

Like everyone has said before, we need the IP or else you can't do a thing. Banning the SteamID is useless. Also, on what server was it? You can submit a ban if it was in one of ours (you know how to do it, I guess).

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 06:23:16 pm »

You guys are talking like a bunch of Hufflepuffs. Ban his ID and move on, it's not a big deal.

He can't be that smart, he has a VAC ban on his account already. There have been smart, long standing cheaters around the community before.

No public hacks have been released, I'm pretty sure of that, However, Coders can easily code their own hacks for the game.

Engine hacks from other Source games will generally work. However these always result in VAC bans. So they're essentially worthless.

Wallhacks are worthless in GE:S too, for the most part because we have the radar anyway! Plus wallhackers are always too blatant.

VAC isn't perfect but it deals with the 98% of cases. The other 2% are easily managed by active server admins. Ban IP, ban Steam ID and problem finish.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 06:53:16 pm »

Hehe, we have other ways of dealing with dickheads. There is code embedded in ges which will crash your game or kickban you from every server if your steam id is on our list.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 07:46:42 pm »

Hehe, we have other ways of dealing with dickheads. There is code embedded in ges which will crash your game or kickban you from every server if your steam id is on our list.

Clever!

but shouldn't an ip be included as well? or do you think steamid is sufficient at least?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:11:00 pm by osaeed2k9 »

terps4life90

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 09:11:24 pm »

Like everyone has said before, we need the IP or else you can't do a thing. Banning the SteamID is useless. Also, on what server was it? You can submit a ban if it was in one of ours (you know how to do it, I guess).

It was on the TG server as well on the WNx UK server.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 11:06:29 pm »

Haha, very nice.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up