GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:37:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: 24/7 Agent Under Fire  (Read 11574 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
24/7 Agent Under Fire
« on: February 13, 2012, 10:20:31 pm »

Loyal fans,

I want to thank everyone that participated in the public testing event of Agent Under Fire.  Together we found a handful of bugs.  I do want to add though that I knew about all of these accept for the 2 key players on a team bug.  They have all been fixed and there's a new version running 24/7 on the server.  I need everyone's help in continuing to test the game mode to make sure it's bug free.  If you find any bugs, post them here.  I want to get this mode out to the public ASAP.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 10:46:41 pm by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Re: 24/7 Agent Under Fire
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 12:37:29 am »

I played it and I found two bugs.

1. The key player's scoreboard is not white.
2. I had a KF7 and my team mate had a laser.  There are problems with leveling up.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 02:25:53 am »

but in general it already works way better than before. just think about stretching the round-ending a bit. hope to see this gameplay in 4.2 when its finished. good work
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:28:47 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 04:04:34 pm »

You made a separate thread just for this?
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Spydow

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Spydow has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 11:15:55 am »

there's a new version running 24/7 on the server.

Damn, your server wasn't brilliant before... now it's completely unplayable. Good thing I never play on it.

If you find any bugs, post them here.

The whole gamemode is a bug, does it need to be pointed out?

I want to get this mode out to the public ASAP.

You already run it 24/7 on your serv, if you want more people to know your clan you should keep it to yourself (not like it will annoy anyone around anyway).

Oh I already know you'll say if I don't like it I should shut up but I'm free to give my opinions, despite the fact they might irritate you

See you, "bro".

P.S. I'm not even gonna reply after your next useless post so don't try too hard. Thanks.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 02:42:11 pm »

wow, this unfounded negativity and these warring clans are making me sick. call me a terrorist, but I´m playing on EVERY SERVER - hooooly shit. so, are we discussing about the gameplay or are we just offending each other? and it doesn´t matter if you talk about troy or anybody else - it´s just useless and rude. day by day creative people sit on their asses and create the best gameplay/map/character/codes they can. and in my opinion it`s a good sign if someone tries out new things and wants to share it with the players. period.

there is one special thing I like about this mod: the (most of the time) friendly community, which respects each other. and especially respects someone's work and the spent time.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:38:55 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

liamcadhain

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 05:02:59 pm »

wow, this unfounded negativity and these warring clans are making me sick. call me a terrorist, but I´m playing on EVERY SERVER - hooooly shit. so, are we discussing about the gameplay or are we just offending each other? and it doesn´t matter if you talk about troy or anybody else - it´s just useless and rude. day by day creative people sit on their asses and create the best gameplay/map/character/codes they can. and in my opinion it`s a good sign if someone tries out new things and wants to share it with the players. period.

there is one special thing I like about this mod: the (most of the time) friendly community, which respects each other. and especially respects someone's work and the spent time.

Couldn't agree more with this, rep+

terps4life90

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 05:55:59 pm »

Yes I agree too. Let's all just get along here. If you aren't planning to offer constructive criticism, don't post.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:57:36 pm by terps4life90 »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 10:05:30 pm »

Change log

The adrenaline timer has been shortened to 10 seconds.
The key players start out with full body armor.

All the bugs have been fixed.  I will release the mode to public this Friday.  The new version has already been uploaded to the QA server and it's still running 24/7.

Edit - I found a few more problems and they have been fixed.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:39:19 pm by Troy »

Excidium

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Excidium barely matters.Excidium barely matters.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 11:48:36 pm »

Here is my experience with the mode  Take it as you will, just input.   When I played this mode I felt that the enemy players on the radar should be disabled. Id look for the red dot and avoid anything to kill it, which is the point but this I feel would add a challenge to the game play, add a lil bit of a hunt to it and then the teams jobs of protecting the key player would be of greater importance,  and leave teams on the radar to help the others protect their key player...    any input on this?

RobbeR49

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RobbeR49 has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 01:53:18 am »

I played this a for a bit today. I think the key player needs even more than just full body armor at spawn, they inevitably die fairly quickly and the rounds just end up flying by.

Does the key player only ever get a shotgun? They can't somehow level up along with their teammates?

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 11:13:05 pm »

day by day creative people sit on their asses and create the best gameplay/map/character/codes they can. and in my opinion it`s a good sign if someone tries out new things and wants to share it with the players. period.
Some people do not understand this and take out their personal vendettas on this forum.  Mangley was kind enough to spite my event thread.

I played this a for a bit today. I think the key player needs even more than just full body armor at spawn, they inevitably die fairly quickly and the rounds just end up flying by.

Does the key player only ever get a shotgun? They can't somehow level up along with their teammates?
They always have a shotgun.  If they're dying too quickly then it's your team's fault.  This mode is all about attack and defend.  Most of your team should defend your key player and some should attack the other.  Once everyone understands what is going on, the rounds will last longer.  Every time I have played it, most of the teams run around killing each other like it's DeathMatch.  Then one of them happen to kill a key player and the round restarts.  Not once have I seen the mode be played like it should be.  :-(

Here is my experience with the mode  Take it as you will, just input.   When I played this mode I felt that the enemy players on the radar should be disabled. Id look for the red dot and avoid anything to kill it, which is the point but this I feel would add a challenge to the game play, add a lil bit of a hunt to it and then the teams jobs of protecting the key player would be of greater importance,  and leave teams on the radar to help the others protect their key player...    any input on this?
Every player should be on the radar so you can see if the opposing team is around your key player and you know if there are enemies around the opposing team's key player.

I want to get this mode released to the public. After that, I will be looking for more input.

P.S. I won't be making another mode for a unappreciate community.  Cy has been the main supportor through all of this.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:46:19 pm by Troy »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 12:13:04 am »

P.S. I won't be making another mode for a unappreciate community.  Cy has been the main supportor through all of this.

You can't expect every bit of feedback to be roses and rainbows. If I took that attitude with this mod you would have never seen Beta 3.1.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 04:54:22 am »

I'm all for love and tolerance but if something is borked, someone's going to point it out. YMMV on how negative it is.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 05:25:46 am »

You should learn to appreciate "harsh" criticism.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 11:02:47 am »

Troy, everyone appreciates a mode being created from the community. Believe it's true.

Everyone also has their opinions and you shouldn't let that get to you.

edit : Spydow, you are warned about your negative attitude in this thread. Please grow up - this community should be about showing the love for our mod and everyone who plays it. We all love goldeneye.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:05:00 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 09:27:17 am »

Thanks for the support Wake.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up