GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 09:29:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it just me or are some players cheaters?  (Read 10949 times)

terps4life90

Re: Is it just me or are some players cheaters?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 05:45:36 pm »

I have seen a few hackers in my time. Even i have trouble killing noobs every now and then and i am a pretty good player.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 10:51:05 pm »

OWS days. T.T
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 11:14:55 pm »

I've seen one hacker. But they don't hide it.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 08:38:45 am »

I've seen one hacker. But they don't hide it.

That's because of what their aim is. If you'd be a cheater and would want to play in the ESL, you'd try to cover it up and fail on purpose sometimes, configureing aimbots to not always headshot, so you can keep a good reputation, having 'people look up to you' and most importantly get a sponsor.
Other people just plain suck and get roflstomped by almost everyone and want to be the big fish for once, which is kinda sad, but they wouldn't try to hide it, because that would imply they either needed the skill to that, which they lacked in the first place or would have play mediocre which wouldn't satisfied their urge to be (rather: feel) superior.
Last but not least there's the griefers, just cheating to piss everyone else off because it pleasures them. Of course, to do so they have to exposition their cheating, because otherwise it wouldn't be annoying enough. But eventually this will get old and they'll move on.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up