GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 20, 2024, 11:47:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Idea: Watch Laser Weapon idea  (Read 5948 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Idea: Watch Laser Weapon idea
« on: January 06, 2012, 10:44:41 am »

i was thinking a couple of minutes ago...why not have the wrist laser as a weapon...look at the perfect dark
wrist laser...its possible to have a weapon like that which fires quickly with low impact damage like the klobb
but with great accuracy a less powerful moonraker laser which has 300 charges (300 bullets if you visualise)

its an idea atleast...

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Idea: Watch Laser Weapon idea
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 04:34:23 pm »

I think there's a risk of diluting what we have if we go delving into making the gadgets. There's also really no need to.

The watch laser in GoldenEye 007 was very specifically made for the Train level, it's pretty agreeable that not much went into it as it was just the Detonator watch with Moonraker lasers coming out of it with limited range.

Having said that I don't see how it fits in with the scope of our mulitplayer. Much like the Taserboy, it doesn't really know where to fit in, or even have a good reason to.

Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 06:32:14 pm »

it actually does magnum damage, making it the most powerful close range weapon in the game.

It could add some interesting gameplay dynamics, but i mostly just see it being an annoyance; too powerful for weak weaponsets, and too weak for higher level weaponsets.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:37:44 pm »

We'd have to find some happy medium for its damage, perhaps give it some extra functionality?

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 03:24:44 am »

Having said that I don't see how it fits in with the scope of our mulitplayer. Much like the Taserboy, it doesn't really know where to fit in, or even have a good reason to.

someone said that the second function of the taser boy was to scan the area for mines and detonating them which i think is a good idea as it can stop players from flooding the area with mines but yeah maybe the laser watch isnt a good idea...i mean we have the moonraker laser which fires slow but has more damage...the laser watch could fire fast and deal with low damage but agian it could be an annoyince (like the plasma pistol in Halo)
Pages: [1]   Go Up