GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 12:34:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to meta-game in this mod?  (Read 7798 times)

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TwiggyTwink has no influence.
How to meta-game in this mod?
« on: October 09, 2011, 03:11:53 pm »

I'd like to know.

Some folks can get immediate headshots with a variety of weapons.

Do you aim for the neck?

I've had several instances where I've had Phantom or AR33 and I've been eliminated by someone sporting a Klobb.

I know the hit detection in this mod is unusual because when you shoot at someone, after they are hit they get and "invulnerability" period and all shot after that don't count for however long.

So how do you metagame?

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
Re: How to meta-game in this mod?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 03:12:30 pm »

Also, the only people I usually get points/kills against are new/just as bad as me.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 04:22:07 pm »

There isn't really any convoluted secret behind it.

With practice you can get an intuition of where your bullets will hit based on tracers. Aim mode improves your accuracy. The invulnerability period obviously means timed shots and burst fire are the most effective. Keeping on the move makes you harder to hit. Learning how much damage each weapon will deal per headshot. Learning which weapon slots spawn where. Replenishing your armor when necessary. Using environmental cover to your advantage. Hogging resources like ammo and weapons, denying them to the enemy.

Aside from those gameplay tactics, more experienced shooter gamers just have better reflexes with aiming and such.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 08:07:44 pm »

+1
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

terps4life90

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 09:33:03 pm »

YEah it is quite bullshit, i had an instance where I had full health and armor and a guy spawned behind me, so i went after him and he had a klobb and i had an ar33 and i busted he ass all up and the down probably 4 clips point blank and he kills me, i asked he what his health was and he said 4 bars, and he never had armor.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 10:58:03 pm »

If you'd shot him body+head instead of body+limb, he would have died more.  Especially since he killed you with triple headshot like a boss.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 02:04:36 pm »

There isn't really any convoluted secret behind it.

With practice you can get an intuition of where your bullets will hit based on tracers. Aim mode improves your accuracy. The invulnerability period obviously means timed shots and burst fire are the most effective. Keeping on the move makes you harder to hit. Learning how much damage each weapon will deal per headshot. Learning which weapon slots spawn where. Replenishing your armor when necessary. Using environmental cover to your advantage. Hogging resources like ammo and weapons, denying them to the enemy.

Aside from those gameplay tactics, more experienced shooter gamers just have better reflexes with aiming and such.

Fair enough.

I'm really not trying to waltz in and top the score charts. But when I see those 1138/WNx guys and see them one-hit-killing me with a headshot with a DD44, I get a little confused.

Also, more recently, I've experienced in LTK being shot, my screen reacts as if I've been hit, I immediately whip around where a player gets one to two more shots in on me (my screen continues to react as if I'm being shot) but I don't die. This allows me to shoot them once and score the point. Everything just seems a bit off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up