GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 04:08:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dated Vid On Front Page  (Read 3758 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Dated Vid On Front Page
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:09:32 am »

Every now and then I check the GE:S Front Page not only to check for any written updates, but to see if that video has been replaced with something new. I was wondering if it could be replaced with a sneak preview of bots in game or something else exciting like Siberia or the new Archives being played to get more people interested? Besides, advertising the mods flaws from a previous release isn't really going bring in the players anyway, this is a very professional piece of work so a video that reflects that could tempt more players. Just an idea.

It is amusing though.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 11:12:21 am by markpeterjameslegg »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Dated Vid On Front Page
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 11:39:51 am »

"Our October update looks to show the overhead icons in-game, hope to give you captures of another in-game character, and whispers of a video is circling - perhaps showcasing some of the things we have explained in this update. And of course more, including what General Arkady Grigorovich Ourumov rated the Bunker construction out of 10, during his latest inspection!"

Should see a new one soon ;)  And possibly we can get Saint to dream up a video for Sibera...*Gets the e-whip out*

It kinda hard to make a video, believe it or not. We throw a lot of content into testing, and a lot of it doesn't work correctly. For us to effectively make a video we have to wrap up a lot of loose ends and finish work so it looks presentable. Cause like you said we like to present very professional work.

However KM's new "Phased Updates" makes it easier on both him, but also for testing and updates.

We don't really sit on a lot of finished work. We're typically working on stuff up till hours before release(flashback to testing the installer while people are in the Steam Group chat waiting for download links). We're constantly working on making things mesh together and always enhancing. The tricky part is knowing when to stop and wrap up for a update.

BUT we're working on getting more small update to ya'll. I like to either update or post some images on FB once a week or so. And hopefully some more dev blogs popping up. But like I always say, the quieter it is, the more work is getting done. However, that main page is for big media updates, so we'll just have to make more videos in our media updates ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:00:21 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: Dated Vid On Front Page
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 12:05:51 pm »

Wish I could help, but capturing with Fraps is as good as I get when it comes to making videos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up