GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 28, 2024, 01:40:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New L4D2 Goldeneye Campaigns  (Read 7108 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
New L4D2 Goldeneye Campaigns
« on: August 31, 2011, 09:37:09 pm »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: New L4D2 Goldeneye Campaigns
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 09:41:00 pm »

wow, apparently someone took the idea right out of Mangley's mind...well..sorta. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 10:11:26 pm »

Looking at the images, I don't see any resemblance to Goldeneye

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 10:26:11 pm »

wow, apparently someone took the idea right out of Mangley's mind...well..sorta. :)

I'm suing.

But yes I was tossing around ideas a while ago like what would an official GE:S port of Dam>FacilityRunway look like as a L4D campaign? It's both a potentially terrible idea and a potentially great PR opportunity!

Then I thought back to that time I played the facility remake someone made in Killing Floor and I realised how flawed my thinking was.

GE maps are just not suited to any other game.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 05:12:11 am »

That statement is 99% true, except for Siberia and Desert temple in Team Fortress 2 play great. ES and I tested it out. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 08:37:00 pm »

As they are now, no most certainly not. With some serious reworking/tweaking, they could.

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TwiggyTwink has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 06:51:25 pm »

I'm suing.

But yes I was tossing around ideas a while ago like what would an official GE:S port of Dam>FacilityRunway look like as a L4D campaign? It's both a potentially terrible idea and a potentially great PR opportunity!

Dam, Facility & Runway is a great idea and would add serious nostalgia perks. But I feel like the Facility is too short in length and too small in size (hallways, rooms, etc). The small size of the corridors and rooms would be disasterous for the Survivors with the Spitter + Charger combo.

Control, Cavern, Cradle is excellent as both are longer in length and have a variety of areas to set up Rolling Crescendos, Hold-Out Panic Events and the finale. Could you imagine fighting a tank on the Cradle? One whack and you could potentially be sent FLYING off the map! That'd be a pure riot!

If you guys ever do decide to  release a campaign from the current GE:S maps, I'm more than happy to give my input. I have about 1800 hours in L4D2 and some low level comp experience. :D

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 01:15:31 am »

i played the aztec part and it was fantastic even with the rocket

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 05:36:48 am »

Control, Cavern, Cradle is excellent as both are longer in length and have a variety of areas to set up Rolling Crescendos, Hold-Out Panic Events and the finale. Could you imagine fighting a tank on the Cradle? One whack and you could potentially be sent FLYING off the map! That'd be a pure riot!

I can imagine all those zombies waiting in the elevators with the muzak playing and just unleashing hell as they explode out of the entrance. Tanks, I can imagine can climb up the towers, but there's those three choke points that could potentially be exploited.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 05:26:50 am »

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 03:29:20 pm »

Jungle would be a good map for L4D. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up