GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 11:44:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekend Event  (Read 13489 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Weekend Event
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 06:04:40 pm »

I´d like to see more events like this in the future. not only to promote new custom maps like the funhouse, but to bring people and clans together, have some fun together. with different topics which are guided by some movie scenes, titles or something. I don´t like this attitude of limitations  "you play on the WNx server and I play on the 1138 server, good luck!". we all love this game and that is our fundamental basis. we need to create a positive feeling for the maps and the weaponsets.

two days ago I played on troys server, the map was desert temple. we had laser guns and low gravitiy and it was just enormous fun to play. you could have promoted it as "the battle of the fallen moonraker shuttle". something like this. in my very personal opinion weekend events are very important to create a connection between the players
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:16:19 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 06:27:47 pm »

We're now thinking alike. If people want to get a playtime going, ill do all I can to help em. We even have two server we can use for these events. So if someone has a map, or just would like to get people organized, we have those at our disposal.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 06:04:47 am »

I´d like to see more events like this in the future. not only to promote new custom maps like the funhouse, but to bring people and clans together, have some fun together.
That was the goal in mind for this event.

two days ago I played on troys server, the map was desert temple. we had laser guns and low gravitiy and it was just enormous fun to play. you could have promoted it as "the battle of the fallen moonraker shuttle". something like this. in my very personal opinion weekend events are very important to create a connection between the players
I think it would be cool to have events backed by a plot. Someone could write a few paragraphs or make a promotion video like the one below.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:55:25 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 03:05:22 pm »

I think that would be the best way to create a very special atmosphere for the mod. we need REGULARLY events (maybe once a month), we need plots, we need pictures, videos and promo everywhere. on the mod page, on facebook, on clan forums. I think clans are important, but there should be big things for everyone. clans could help to swap and to promote these ideas. server admins could do promotion for the events while the people are playing. something like this: "Thank you for playing on the Wnx server - and don´t miss the next big event: THE REVENGE OF THE BARON -featuring BigBird as the baron! You thought Baron Samedi is dead? Of cource not! He´s alive. And he´s very angry. Try to stop him on saturday at 9pm, right here on the Wnx Server! We need your help!"
the gaming world is full of mods, and there must be a way to show the people that this mod is a very creative and special one.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:17:19 pm by The Cy »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 05:27:57 pm »

hmmm..this kind of method you speak of Cy would be fun to do for siberia. It would be fun to throw up a date and gaming event on the spectrum server or TG to get people all together and test it. A public testing session, so to speak. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 09:35:30 pm »

hmmm..this kind of method you speak of Cy would be fun to do for siberia. It would be fun to throw up a date and gaming event on the spectrum server or TG to get people all together and test it. A public testing session, so to speak. :)

but of course we should do that! I think a new map must always be presented in one big event. and siberia is perfect for that. I can already see the promotion: a picture of a lonely gun lying on a white hill or the silent frozen see. on top of it: restless letters tainted with blood :"ONLY TONIGHT-CCsant10's brand new map SIBERIA. The evil Janus syndicate under General Ourumov's guidance tries to invade the bunker in order to steal the precious goldeneye key! Only you have the power to prevent their attack! Be a witness of the ultimate testing event or shoot yourself! This is not a training. This is Goldeneye Source!"
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:08:02 pm by The Cy »

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 06:58:16 am »

I'm not sure if I am a fan of the "over the top" dramatization...but I like the idea of a big event. :)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 10:40:46 am »

I think that would be the best way to create a very special atmosphere for the mod. we need REGULARLY events (maybe once a month), we need plots, we need pictures, videos and promo everywhere. on the mod page, on facebook, on clan forums. I think clans are important, but there should be big things for everyone. clans could help to swap and to promote these ideas.

-Cy

i think this is a great idea...i was talking with Troy on Steam that if i had time i would have come up with a video trailer something like: Welcome to Scaramangas Funhouse...full of thrills and spills but dont lose your head (cut to scene of player killed in the gilloutine)  well something like that

but yeah the idea of a lot of promotion of Community Maps would be great

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 08:48:21 pm »

Mods owe everything to their community and we can't ask for any better for GES than you guys!

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 09:59:43 pm »

I think 3rd party maps should definitely get events. It would just seem very official if they were to happen. Not only would it serve as an induction into the GE:S world, but it would be a great way to give the mapper lots of feedback in the end.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 04:32:35 am »

Mods owe everything to their community and we can't ask for any better for GES than you guys!

You up for another event bro? I will crush your ass! :)

Hey guys lets do another event.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 05:04:18 am »

Most definite. What sounds fun?

Also keep in mind, we have two servers for community use(West and East coast USA). Want to plan a event, get in contact and we'll get it all setup for your event. Or if a Clan/Server wants to sponsor, we'll help them promote and get it going smooth.

All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 05:02:03 pm »

I can help out with my server as well. I can only hold about six people, but I'm willing to help support this any way that I can.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 08:52:17 pm »

I think the next big event should be the public testing session for siberia. CCsaint10 could choose the date and then we plan the promotion. I like troy´s way of promotion: a nice picture (I still like the idea of a lonely gun lying in the bloody snow) with the date, the time, the server and the weapon set, presented in all forums, on facebook, on twitter, just everywhere. maybe you can present the map on two or three servers at the same time.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:05:17 pm by The Cy »

CCsaint10

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 02:00:39 am »

Sounds like a great idea Cy. As soon as I finish up my list and know where I stand, I will plan a release date on my thread and we can start the planning and promotion. This should be lots of fun. It will also give me a chance to get a lot of feedback on balance of spawns, layout, and the norm. :) Thanks for the interest guys. Hopefully I will get this done soon. :) Getting REALLY close.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up