GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:03:25 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal Error.  (Read 2377 times)

doyzer

Fatal Error.
« on: August 20, 2011, 09:10:50 am »

I downloaded your mod, and every time I try to install it. My whole computer freezes. Your mod just officially owned my pc. I been trying to get this game to work forever!

If you can find a way to fix this, please enlighten me.

Also, I have the file GoldenEye_Source_v4.1_full and I click on it to install. That is when it freezes. I am running Windows 7.

20 mins after I opened the install. I get a pop up that says allow or deny. I hit allow and nothing happens.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:29:50 am by doyzer »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Fatal Error.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 09:30:26 am »

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/ges-v41-server-zip

Download that, and extract into your sourcemod folder(Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods).

Then restart Steam.

We've never got this issue before, but frankly the quickest fix for you is just to not use the .exe.

(server install is same as client, just is a .zip and not a .exe)
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Fatal Error.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 02:53:13 pm »

A lot of people have had problems with the .exe though, a lot of people have had incomplete or corrupted downloads. That's mainly down to incompetence.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up