GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 08:33:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More advanced server setup? (After the initial install)  (Read 3732 times)

ScarleTomato

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ScarleTomato has no influence.
More advanced server setup? (After the initial install)
« on: July 12, 2011, 09:15:11 pm »

I've just now gotten back into GE with some friends thanks to this exceptional mod, and ive gone through this guide and gotten the server running, but I have some questions that I can't seem to find the answers to yet.
Would someone here be able to point me in the right direction (to more documentation or to the correct subforum) or answer a few questions I have?

I see in the .\gesource\cfg\server_normal.cfg that the game points to gameplaycycle_slow.txt for determining the game to set up, but for some reason it only plays DM. I removed all DeathMatch entries from that file and restarted and it still put up a DM match. How do I get it to follow that list?

I installed the game initially on my PC and then just copied the srcds folder to a server on my network. Will this have any adverse effects (during updating for instance?)

Is there (or will there be) any way to have bots on GE:S?

Is there a way to access the server console from the game client?

thanks for any help.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: More advanced server setup? (After the initial install)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 09:36:56 pm »

Is there (or will there be) any way to have bots on GE:S?

Is there a way to access the server console from the game client?

Bots will be implemented in Goldeneye Source V4.2, Which has no public release date at the moment, And you can access the server console using RCON with the in-game console, You just need to enter the RCON password first in the in-game console.

For your other questions, Wait for someone else to reply, Most likely KM will get on to you soon.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:49:32 pm by namajnaG »

ScarleTomato

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ScarleTomato has no influence.
Re: More advanced server setup? (After the initial install)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 11:32:50 pm »

Cool, can't wait for the bots. Thanks for the RCON tip. That should make testing a whole lot easier.
I've run across a few more questions as well.

It seems that i was partly mistaken about the gametypes. It eventually got to a new gametype, but still starts a DM match every time the server is restarted. Anyone know where this is coming from?

Is there a way to keep the server unlisted in the search but still avaliable publicly without a password? I know I must be frustrating to the guys who join up while im messing around with it, restarting and such. :-\

Again, thanks for the help
Pages: [1]   Go Up