GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 04:24:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exec windows server  (Read 6442 times)

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
Exec windows server
« on: June 30, 2011, 08:49:26 am »

Hi guys here is the situation.
Im hosting a goldeneye source v4.1 server on my box.
I had no problems installing but...
When i tryed to bind the server to a specific address it doesnt seems to work (ex: : -console -game gesource -ip 205.204.64.147 -port 7007 +maxplayers 32 +map ge_facility)
In order to be able to run this server i had to do this (ex: : -console -game gesource -port 7007 +maxplayers 32 +map ge_facility)
The problem is that now the game is running on that specific port (7007) but on all my 9 ip addess.

Guys i really need help, could you please help me on this one?
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Exec windows server
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 10:11:29 am »

Its +ip not -

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 07:13:36 pm »

Its +ip not -
We have already tried that.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:28:02 pm by FReXx »
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 01:49:34 am »

This might be a problem with your network setup (unless you tried this with another game)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 07:37:44 am »

Its +ip not -

Im curious about that above. A long time ago, I hosted a GES server and I also put a -ip and things didnt work.

What does + and - mean?

Thanks KM!

We have already tried that.

Check your firewall and make sure its disabled or allow the server to function and make sure you port forward too!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:39:56 am by osaeed2k9 »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 12:46:18 pm »

The + means its executed BEFORE the server goes "live" and the - occurs after that somewhere near when the GameRules are created.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 07:00:57 pm »

The + means its executed BEFORE the server goes "live" and the - occurs after that somewhere near when the GameRules are created.

Couldn't have explained it any better! Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up