GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 02:25:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GE:S won't start  (Read 8994 times)

PerUlven

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PerUlven has no influence.
GE:S won't start
« on: May 10, 2011, 09:37:17 pm »

I downloaded the latest installer from here, and installed it w/o problems. When I click the desktop icon Steam starts up, but nothing more happens. I also can't get the game to appear in Steam. I've tried both restarting Steam and restarting the computer several times.

About the "Source SDK Base 2007": I had already gotten and installed Portal, so I'm guessing I don't need to do that step of the installation? The strange thing is that I can't find the Source SDK in my "Tools" section at all, shouldn't it be under installed or something?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: GE:S won't start
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 09:53:44 pm »

You need a purchased Source game to get access to the Source SDK. I'm going to assume that you have the free version of Portal.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

PerUlven

• 00 Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 09:59:50 pm »

That seems strange, but I actually haven't paid for Portal, but I got it in may 2010 when they were giving it away for free to celebrate the launch of Steam for Mac or something... Does it work for a gifted version of Portal then?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 01:00:38 am »

What part of purchased don't you understand?

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:03:26 am by killermonkey »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 01:37:21 am »

What part of purchased don't you understand?

Release that darn game already.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 02:45:13 am »

It should work with a gifted copy, yes. But you probably can't be gifted a copy since you already have it...

Well, HL2 Deathmatch is dead cheap and includes the SDK, that's a common option for those in your position. Though if you're looking for the most bang for your buck the Orange Box is a good way to go.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

PerUlven

• 00 Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 06:30:45 am »

Just confirmed that it does work with a gifted version (my wife has a gifted Portal on her account), so I'll probably just buy HL2 Deathmatch or something like that. Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up