GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 12:12:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Call me crazy...  (Read 13006 times)

graz11

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • graz11 has no influence.
Re: Call me crazy...
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 03:31:00 am »

so in everyones opinion, whats the easiest way to install an old 1.1h server on my computer?

I think a retro game server would be pretty awesome if people are interested!

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 02:22:58 pm »

I think there's some Inception stuff going on here...

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 02:49:14 pm »

My token is KM's brass balls.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 08:46:19 am »

Its like going from Windows 7 to Windows 95.  I rather stick with the latest one. They are much less bugs and more features in the latest revisions.

but if you want to load up an old GES server, your free to do it. Just don't be surprised that there might not be any support for older versions.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 12:15:04 pm »

I still prefere my XP over Win7 for several reasons.

But in case of GES it just helps to refresh memories.
I noticed that when i played some beta 1.1h with Nalle a few days ago.

There were so many things i didn't really remember anymore, allthough i played this version for quite a while.
After all this i can appreachiate the improvements made since this Version even more.

It's not just the new maps, weapons, characters and things like bunny hop protection or Gameplay Help/Weaponset List.

Just a few examples of things i was suprised of:
- you were not able to pick up armor when collected the golden gun, no matter if you allready had an armor or not
- the UI still feelt a lot like HL2DM
- weapon models were hovering above the ground
- world model pickup for mines, instead of a different color for the crates
- no climbing sounds on ladders

and a few things i still remembered very well:
- the hit detection lag (aim a few steps in front of the player depending on your latency)
- no weaponsets, just loadout scripts, very unflexible
- far less gamemodes
- missing weapons
- ZMG is a popcorn maching and has a silencer
- throwing knifes were much deadlier because it was easy to hit with them
- no radar

I knew that GES has come a long way, this once again reminded me how long it really was.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 03:03:32 pm »

I still prefere my XP over Win7 for several reasons.

But in case of GES it just helps to refresh memories.
I noticed that when i played some beta 1.1h with Nalle a few days ago.

There were so many things i didn't really remember anymore, allthough i played this version for quite a while.
After all this i can appreachiate the improvements made since this Version even more.

It's not just the new maps, weapons, characters and things like bunny hop protection or Gameplay Help/Weaponset List.

Just a few examples of things i was suprised of:
- you were not able to pick up armor when collected the golden gun, no matter if you allready had an armor or not
- the UI still feelt a lot like HL2DM
- weapon models were hovering above the ground
- world model pickup for mines, instead of a different color for the crates
- no climbing sounds on ladders

and a few things i still remembered very well:
- the hit detection lag (aim a few steps in front of the player depending on your latency)
- no weaponsets, just loadout scripts, very unflexible
- far less gamemodes
- missing weapons
- ZMG is a popcorn maching and has a silencer
- throwing knifes were much deadlier because it was easy to hit with them
- no radar

I knew that GES has come a long way, this once again reminded me how long it really was.

I agree that xp is still awesome. I had to move to Win 7 because max payne 3 used up all of my video memory and crashed in windows xp haha. In win 7 that didnt happen and I got to use DX11 which made the look of the gameplay nice overall.

When microsoft stops updating xp around 2013 correct me if im wrong, im going to look into securing windows xp as much as possible. I like xp than 7 in some ways. 

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 07:05:35 pm »

Its like going from Windows 7 to Windows 95.  I rather stick with the latest one. They are much less bugs and more features in the latest revisions.

So who's not missing the point entirely...?
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

graz11

• Agent
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 10:42:02 pm »

so could someone give me a hand installing a 1.1h server? unless there is already one up and running?

a few questions...
first do i need to install a 1.0 server then update it?

next, ive got to the point of
"Install the Goldeneye Source Dedicated Server files to "C:\HL2DS\gesource" (use your own install path)."

in the wiki (http://wiki.geshl2.com/index.php/Installing_Server_(Beta_1.1h)

where do i get the proper dedicted server files?

thanks!

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 12:14:36 am »

so could someone give me a hand installing a 1.1h server? unless there is already one up and running?

a few questions...
first do i need to install a 1.0 server then update it?

next, ive got to the point of
"Install the Goldeneye Source Dedicated Server files to "C:\HL2DS\gesource" (use your own install path)."

in the wiki (http://wiki.geshl2.com/index.php/Installing_Server_(Beta_1.1h)

where do i get the proper dedicted server files?

thanks!

Your enthusiasm serves you well, but unfortunately making a beta 1.1 server is a waste of time. It's not worth it if it wont be able to run on the client version of GE:S 4.2. I'm not stopping you from making it, but what's the point in all honesty.

graz11

• Agent
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 12:27:24 am »

cause i really want to play it lol.

like i said at the start of this tread, I understand the time and effort that went into the newest build (and i very much appreciate those who have worked on it) but with that said, I would like to get 1.1h going and play it with my buddies who really liked that version of the game.

If anyone could give me a hand i would be very happy.

Yes! I am Invincible!

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2013, 03:52:57 pm »

For England.

No. For Me.  8) YEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHH

graz11

• Agent
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2013, 03:43:25 pm »

So is there someone out there that could lend a hand on helping me install a 1.1h server? Thanks!

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2013, 04:39:05 pm »

I really don't understand how you would like to play 1.1h at the stage the game is right now, I just don't get it, I barely remember what it was 'cause last time I played it I was around 14 years old, But anyway.
Fastest way to do it is either :

-Have all your friends install 1.1h
-Forward your ports
-Start a local server
-sv_lan 0 in console
-Give your IP adress to your friends so they can connect

OR

-Install a VPN program such as Hamachi
-Make a network and have all your friends join it
-Have them join you through your VPN personal IP

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 11:07:11 am »

honestly just wait till V4.2.3 comes out..its going to rock and Tri Difiance is remastering
the old Frigate map from Alpha and yeah so dont worry about 1.1

graz11

• Agent
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 02:58:18 pm »

Thanks for the info guys!

Again I understand that the newer version are better in pretty much everyday. That being said, me and my buddy really liked 1.1h and want to play it for old time sake (and it sounds like a few others do to) I'm not very experienced setting up game servers so any help explaining how to do would be very welcome because I'm still having probs setting it up. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up