GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 03:47:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sniper rifle meelee animation  (Read 13620 times)

little 00

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • little 00 has no influence.
sniper rifle meelee animation
« on: January 16, 2011, 04:33:05 am »

I cant remember if it was in the original multilayer but if so will it be in GES? just curious

Let the source be with you (Goldeneye source)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: sniper rifle meelee animation
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 05:37:18 am »

Rifle Butt is its own weapon, and has been overlooked in GES despite my repeatedly bringing it up repeatedly.

I did put Rifle Butt in the game in a spiritual way, however.  Token weapons (such as Key and Flagpole) use the same damage specs as Rifle Butt.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 06:14:23 am »

Hmm, does that mean the Rifle Butt fired slower than the Slappers in GE64? I thought they were exactly the same bar the models.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:19:23 am by Sergeant Kelly »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 06:38:34 am »

same damage specs as Rifle Butt.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 07:34:58 pm »

That doesn't answer any part of my question, Rod. I read that bit the first time around.

Our tokens appear to fire slower than the slappers, but last I checked the classic rifle butt was exactly the same as the classic slappers. Firerate, damage, etc. If that's true, then saying the tokens use the same 'specs' as the Rifle Butt means literally nothing.

Our little wiki states the damages as ?? and the fire rate as the same for each, so I'm asking for clarification.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:42:24 pm by Sergeant Kelly »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 07:57:09 pm »

In the original game the Sniper Butt (oooooh) did exactly the same damage as slappers.

Tokens in GE:S do more damage. It's "? ? ?" on the wiki because it's apparently some sort of secret how much damage they do and very few people seem to know the precise damage value. I just know it's more than slappers but less than the knife.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 08:23:47 pm »

Quote from: Hurp A. Derp
In the original game the Sniper Butt (oooooh) did exactly the same damage as slappers.
You are the weakest link, goodbye.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 08:50:12 pm »

You are the weakest link, goodbye.

Youaretheweakestlinkgoodbye.

Fixed.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 10:37:10 pm »

That doesn't answer any part of my question

(
Token weapons (such as Key and Flagpole) use the same damage specs as Rifle Butt.
Hmm, does that mean the Rifle Butt fired slower than the Slappers in GE64?
) was the source of my confusion; didn't see how "same damage as Rifle Butt" means that "Rifle Butt fired slower than Slappers" in sleep-deprived state..
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 06:09:50 pm »

The sniper rifle butt does the same damage as the slappers. The games code confirms it, a quick test in multiplayer confirms it, and generally every learned GE player confirms it.  That being said, the damage these weapons do isn't determined by where you hit the person, it's where you hit them from, so it would be easy to mess up a test determining the damage.  A hit from behind will do 2 bars of damage, a hit from the side 1, and a hit from the front will do half a bar of damage.  The only difference between these weapons is a slight difference in swing speed and appearance.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 02:22:20 am »

I think adding the sniper rifle butt will be great for the nostalgia :D
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 05:30:06 am »

If I ever get the time (super busy lately) I'll sit down and animate it for you guys.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

andrewjneis

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • andrewjneis has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 07:25:57 am »

I too would like to see the Sniper Rifle Butt End - would make a great addition for a "Melee only" weaponset which could have that, slappers, knife, throwing knife, and the Taser Boy (when it gets released)
Pages: [1]   Go Up