GoldenEye: Source Forums

• May 21, 2024, 05:47:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to choose in wich folder i want to instal goldeneye source?  (Read 3592 times)

jorge2060shake

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jorge2060shake has no influence.

Hi everyone. So, i successfully instaled the goldeneye_source_v4.1_full.exe, but whenever i try to install the game using it it doesn´t give me the opition to choose in wich folder i want to save the game. Therefore the exe automatically choose an old folder where my steam archives used to stay and not where the curently are.
   Any solutions?
  Ps: There are still some steam archives in that older folder (i didn´t exclude them in case i need a back up)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:29:32 pm by jorge2060shake »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!

You could just drag and drop your sourcemods folder into the right steamapps folder.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!

Yes just move your sourcemods folder to the appropriate directory. Remember youmust not rename the gesource folder as it will not allow you to connect to servers if you do.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

jorge2060shake

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jorge2060shake has no influence.

I will try that (it was quite obvious wasn't it i am feeling dumb now >.<) Thanks for the replies

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps

The installer uses the registry to determine your steam install directory so that means you must have moved your steam folder without uninstall / reinstalling it.

If dragging fails, I really suggest you uninstall steam and reinstall it. You can still keep all your GCF's when you do that so you don't have to redownload your games.
Pages: [1]   Go Up