GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 06:27:01 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Performance Issues  (Read 4962 times)

Nobody34

Performance Issues
« on: December 20, 2010, 05:41:04 pm »

Is this mod supposed to be heavy? Because i'm getting some sweet fps drops every once in a while. From 50-100 to 10-20. And that's not cool. Usually the explosions and CQC lags things up.

My computer should be fine as i have Radeon HD5670 1Gb graphic card, Intel 1.8Ghz dual core processor and 2GB RAM. Games like Metro 2033 seem to run better than this.

Any ideas what is going on? Oh and btw, awesome mod.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Performance Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 06:26:09 pm »

If you look in your Options>Multiplayer>Advanced menu you will find options to disable dynamic light cast from explosions and heat wave particle effects on explosions. This may help considerably.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Nobody34

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 08:19:45 pm »

Sweet, didn't notice those. Lag is gone! Thx.

r0w

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 12:17:49 am »

I had the same problem, I put some graphic options lower, but it's still FPS drop was still there.

Thanks to this topic, I saw this little option.

I really suggest that you disable it by default, I saw players with the same problem and they will think that the mod just sucks and it's not optimized and they will leave.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 01:53:33 am »

we don't cater to the lower end of the spectrum. People with computers that suck need to man up and read the well written documentation.

If someone quits our mod after some fps issues they weren't destined to stay anyway, good riddens.

Thanks for doing your do diligence and reading up b4 quiting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up