GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 30, 2024, 11:42:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Listening Server Help  (Read 3890 times)

NinjaFox009

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • NinjaFox009 has no influence.
Listening Server Help
« on: January 13, 2011, 10:35:19 pm »

Hello all, I've been wrecking my brain trying to set up a simple listening sever, nothing more then that, but every time someone tries to connect to my server they get this message "LAN Games Restricted to Class C Clients"  I've done "sv_lan 0" I've open my ports (even took off my firewall at one point) I even changed the map after I started the server and they still get the same message.  I don't want to bother with a dedicated server so please don' tell me to try that lol.......  Someone help me out here...wtf is going on?  My OS is windows vista 32 and I'm not behind a router... this is right from modem to pc.  Help! >:(

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Listening Server Help
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 11:32:00 pm »

Changelevel ge_facility before someone joins.

This is a known source engine bug

NinjaFox009

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 11:54:13 pm »

Changelevel ge_facility before someone joins.

This is a known source engine bug
Oh cool I will try that :)  If you'd be kind enough to kinda give me a step by step on what to do before I change the map.  Tell me if this how to do it.  Open port 27015 (UDP & TCP) Log into GES.  Setup up my listening server.  When on the first map go in the console and type "sv_lan 0" then after that type "ge_facility" to change map and from there ask people to join and it should work?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 12:26:27 am »

close, "changelevel ge_facility"

The map to change to doesn't matter, and it can even be the current map.

NinjaFox009

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 12:37:41 am »

close, "changelevel ge_facility"

The map to change to doesn't matter, and it can even be the current map.
Ok thanks....  I'm about to try it all now  ;D

NinjaFox009

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 01:17:20 am »

Just wanted to say thanks a million... It worked!  To anyone else who has this prob do the same, it works.  I also noticed that when I opened my ports I had to restart my pc and then click unblock when my firewall came up when I reopened GES. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up