GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 03:47:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye : Source Australia  (Read 14815 times)

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
Re: GoldenEye : Source Australia
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 03:12:43 am »

Why is Australia any different from the rest of the world in regards to Goldeneye: Source?
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

PuppyDogs

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PuppyDogs has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 03:23:34 am »

It's not.. Why do you ask?

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 03:38:23 am »

I'm just somewhat confused as to why you want your own section to discuss the same game that the rest of us play.   I can see the interest of discussing last nights game or whatever other elements you fancy conversation about, but i don't think any of us have a problem with you talking about that kind of thing in the same place as everyone else.  Not that i have an issue with an Australian forum, I'm just having difficulty seeing the point.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 03:43:03 am »

Because yankees don't know about their dropbears, and they want to keep it that way.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PuppyDogs

• Agent
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 03:46:47 am »

Well originally I had intended on it being for the guests of my server. People who wanted to post complaints, or suggestions that kind of thing. But since he brought up the question of splitting the community up I can't see what is wrong with having a section on the official forums for the Australian server? It just saves people having to sign up to multiple places and can get it all in the one place. All at the same time we support the mod.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 11:49:32 am »

The purpose of having the Steam group was so that you can see when other Aussies are playing and to show others what Australian servers and clans there are.

I completely disagree with having an Australian section or an Australian forum for GoldenEye Source. We are supposed to be bringing people together, not putting them in separate places. If you have a server and you want a forum, fine, but the GoldenEye Source forum is the home ground for EVERYONE.

There are several Australian servers now, so information regarding that server should be kept on a separate forum. Also and no offence to our moderators, but having a server section on this forum would mean they would be getting involved with your server business, when they probably wouldn't want to be.

There is nothing different from country to country, so this idea is pointless.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 11:56:53 am by Emilia »
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 03:15:28 pm »

Exactly what i was thinking.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 05:16:05 am »

Actually I strongly disagree that the idea isn't worth some merit.

US population = 300 million + home of 80% of developers on the mod
UK population = 60 million
France/Italy = 120 million

Australia = 22 million..

In a gaming sense, australia is quite popular. We have budding competition bases in all the major titles which is good for those aussies who like TF2/L4D/CSS/COD4/6/SCII, however in modding it is a super tough grind to get any respect, and exposure is really small, and mods don't get that much love usually.

Insurgency at the height of it's success, still only had about 10 servers across all the aussie ISP (gaming friendly) providers. That's a small investment in such a huge mod.

I believe that GE:S could be big here and easily house 4-5 servers of activity per night if we had the support and every advantage.

That's why I believe it's worth it to have a section where aussies can come and feel at home, and know they are among those who are carrying the flag for GE:S in australia. It's also a way for people like me to guage if we are seeing increases in popularity in our own nation. If any english speaking country needs a bit of special attention and focus to thrive with our game, it would be Australia.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 05:18:37 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Sobek

• Agent
  • Sobek has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 05:30:49 am »

I believe that GE:S could be big here and easily house 4-5 servers of activity per night if we had the support and every advantage.

You know, I can still recall waaaay back in one of the earlier releases, I could log on almost any night and see around 10-12 servers running for GE:S, most either full or close to. The bulk of these were hosted by the major ISP's like Gamearena and such, but damn it was so much fun... The best part was that with so many servers, you could play any of the available modes and such that you pleased.

At the moment, I'm seeing maybe 5 or 6 servers some nights, but only ever 1 has people in it, and it's almost always running gungame, which just gets stale... I think the lack of major interest at the moment is just due in part to the big gap between releases - with a little more time and 'advertising', I'm positive this release of GE:S can reach the same heights down here that it has in the past.

More people need to be informed of just how good this release is!

PuppyDogs

• Agent
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 10:55:48 am »

I never played the original GE when I was younger so I don't really recall much of the game play types etc.
If you are referring to my Hypernia server being only gungame? I can fix that, I just need a little bit of assistance because I've never run a source game other than L4D2.

To the Dev team, I'm more than happy to offer this as an official Australian server.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2010, 12:03:28 pm »

So if we start an Australian section who will be next to cry for their own section?
I'd say a steam group is enough and there is always the possibility to join an Australian clan for GES.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2010, 01:37:58 pm »

^ this.

Steam groups are good, and we definately need more clans.  Clans would automatically bring in local servers to handle the ping issue.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 09:35:33 am »

I lobbied, the people begged for my will to be done, and it was!

australian GON server (internode SA) http://games.on.net/gameservers.php?id=564

203.26.94.54:27015 (aussies add this to favourites)

Solid respectable server provider (biggest ISP gaming host). For now its looks good but i will ask to change it up a bit I think.

----------

Also

Treshna enterprises (16 man aussie server)
210.48.71.200:27015 - add this to your favourites.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:50:11 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 12:12:22 am »

The steam page now has 15 members. Thank you for joining!

I hope to see more people soon :P Please invite your friends.

And thanks to all the people that added me to your friends list :)
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Sobek

• Agent
  • Sobek has no influence.
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 06:53:45 am »

Nice to see the numbers growing, and even better that Internode's got a server going now... I've seen a dramatic drop in player counts the last week, and there's only been one server running which is a horrible spam-filled abuse slinging crapfest that I can't bear to 'play' on.

Hopefully the fact that Internode is hosting one will provide a little boost to the popularity of the mod and get some more people on. Most nights I check the server list, see a server with people in (that horrible one), then a half hour later when I go to play it's just empty... Usually for the rest of the night.

Fingers crossed!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up