GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 29, 2024, 02:28:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: GES server files?  (Read 13775 times)

Vainosuomi

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Vainosuomi has no influence.
GES server files?
« on: September 30, 2010, 02:31:35 am »

In the tutorial for setting up a dedicated server, it says to install "GES beta 4 server files", but it does not seem to explain where to get these (I don't know if I'm just blind?). Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES server files?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 03:01:44 am »

Thanks for the point out, I'll fix the wiki.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/goldeneye-source-beta-4-full-download-zip

And also install this server hotfix: http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/goldeneye-source-beta-402-server-fix

Note: fixed the wiki, now links to the moddb download.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 03:06:01 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Vainosuomi

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 03:06:36 am »

Thanks - the server fix did it.

Vainosuomi

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 03:18:46 am »

Hold on - now when I try to start the game it says "Engine Error Could not load library client"...do I need to reinstall the game?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 03:35:02 am »

Did you move or change your game files? But anyway, a reinstall should fix it.

But if you have any achievements, and want to keep them, make sure to back up your gamestate.txt file in your gesource folder(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource).

Vainosuomi

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 04:14:31 am »

Thank you for all the help so far. I re-installed the game and now it is working and I can execute run_ges.bat. It is up and running, but I don't know how to play on it...

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer

Vainosuomi

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 09:54:11 pm »

I seem to have encountered yet another problem...I installed everything, and re-installed it, but my server still seems to mess up. It works fine for a minute, then it gives a lot of errors like "SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!", before just saying "Could not establish connection to Steam servers." When I try to connect to the server it says "Server is not responding". Another thing I don't understand; the IP address it gives me to which I need to connect is 192.168.0.13, which is the IP address on my LAN ??? (I did not set it to be a LAN server in the server.cfg file...)

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 12:34:39 am »

sv_lan basically prevents a server from showing up in the server browser (I think) and prevent players from outside your small block (I think /24) from connecting.

To get past your NAT what you need to do is forward port 27015.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:46:49 am by mookie »
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 12:44:01 am »

sv_lan basically prevents a server from showing up in the server browser (I think) and prevent players from outside your small block (I think 24) from connecting.

To get past your NAT what you need to do is forward port 27015.

He's right, the sv_lan will deny anyone from joining until changed. 0 is off? yes. should be.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 04:13:30 am »

if its on your network it will always give you your local IP. goto http://whatismyip.com to see your real ip, then you can connect to that ip

But yeah sv_lan 0.

And yeah id suggest opening port range 2700-2750 that should insure proper ports are open.

what is the model after the "SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!" error? You might be missing HL2 content.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 04:15:42 am by major »

Vainosuomi

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 11:02:41 am »

what is the model after the "SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model!" error? You might be missing HL2 content.

models/props_lab/corkboard001.mdl
models/props/surface/icicles.mdl

it also says that it couldn't execute skill_manifest.cfg (I can't fin that file in the cfg folder)

and also "prop_physics 'models/props/vehicles/wheel.mdl' has a base specified as 'rubber', but there is no matching entry in propdata.txt"

And also, how do I change what ports open up? thanks.

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 11:21:15 am »

It depends on the router; look for something that says port forwarding or rules or services. You need to tell the router what local IP address to forward the port to, because there could be any number of hosts connected.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 11:24:09 am »

This guide helped me a lot
http://portforward.com/

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 09:39:04 am »

models/props_lab/corkboard001.mdl
models/props/surface/icicles.mdl

and also "prop_physics 'models/props/vehicles/wheel.mdl' has a base specified as 'rubber', but there is no matching entry in propdata.txt"
These error messages won't cause the server to malfunction. The first two only say that there is no physic model for this prop, meaning it won't be solid for the player, the second one has a wrong surface property so the model won't show up ingame. (my bad, i'll fix that by recompiling the prop with another surfaceproperty. thanks for the reminder)
Depending on the map you'll run into lots of these error messages, but they won't have an effect on the server other then printing them in your console.

Vainosuomi

• Agent
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 12:58:31 am »

OK, I did the port forwarding thing, and the server displays this:

Adding master server 72.165.61.153:27015
Adding master server 63.234.149.83:27011
Connection to Steam servers successful
      VAC secure mode is activated.

However, when I put "steam://connect/72.165.61.153:27015" or "steam://connect/63.234.149.83:2711" it says that the server is not responding. Also, neither 72.165.61.153 nor 63.234.149.83 is my IP address...I tried that too.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 02:57:48 am by Vainosuomi »

Vainosuomi

• Agent
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 03:00:36 am »

Oh never mind; I double-checked the ports I opened and they were wrong. It's working now, thanks for all your help!  ;D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 01:01:23 pm »

HEHE, the master servers are what valve uses to broadcast dedicated servers to everyone on the internet. Your computer looks to the master servers to download a list of available servers (based on criteria given).

You don't connect to the master server, though. You connect to the actual dedicated server (ie your IP).
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up